PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Strange issue with Network config

meggiedude
05-10-15, 17:49
Hi there.

A couple of weeks ago I loaded openvix-3.2.005 loaded on box. (via openvix-3.2.005.release-vuduo_usb.zip from downloads here)
Just changed to new router and setting up all network devices.
I was trying to setup Transmission to ensure the appropriate port was forwarded. It isn't, so looking for reason.

I have set Vu Duo up with Static IP on router. Router shows the static IP as taken.
I can telnet into Vu Duo OK.
I can get into OpenWebif in browser on PC via static IP

But if I go into setting on Duo and check the network it fails on both the IP address and Nameserver

Is this a bug or am I missing something router related?

Ta

Larry-G
05-10-15, 17:56
I have a DUO LE that developed a very similar issue about two years ago, like you I can connect via telnet and FTP but it will not connect to the internet no matter what I do either via the inbuilt network card or with a VU+ wifi dongle. I have changed image multiple times and gone through every conceivable setting to no avail. In the end I just gave up and it has been on long term loan to my sister for FTA.

I suspect some kind of hardware fault as even fully working backups from my other DUO do the exact same thing on this DUO LE.

meggiedude
05-10-15, 18:04
I have a DUO LE that developed a very similar issue about two years ago, like you I can connect via telnet and FTP but it will not connect to the internet no matter what I do either via the inbuilt network card or with a VU+ wifi dongle. I have changed image multiple times and gone through every conceivable setting to no avail. In the end I just gave up and it has been on long term loan to my sister for FTA.

I suspect some kind of hardware fault as even fully working backups from my other DUO do the exact same thing on this DUO LE.

Hmmm, Thanks that a concern. Thanks.

I may try a reflash from the latest build on the downloads site, and if that doesn't work - see if I can dig out the old router (before if goes back to my ISP)
I had this working with Transmission recently on the old router, I just don't understand how installing a new (TP-Link) router has caused this. I have not set anything to block IPs or ports.

Very odd.

Larry-G
05-10-15, 18:08
When I changed router recently I had to let my boxes first find their own IP using DHCP then lock them down to that IP. even though the new router used the same IP range as the older one it would not allow me to use any IP I assigned manually until I used the DHCP option first, so try that. (still did nothing for the dodgy DUO LE though).

meggiedude
05-10-15, 18:24
OK, will have a go. Cheers
Interestingly (or not :)) the TP-LInk router uses the range 192.168.1.100-199 as standard - not the usual 192.168.1.1-99, so maybe that has something to do with it.

pembo
05-10-15, 19:43
check /etc/resolv.conf

meggiedude
05-10-15, 20:37
check /etc/resolv.conf
Thanks mate. unfortunately have already reflashed the box, so resolv.conf is default.
I had tried renaming the static IP addys on the router & changed the IP range from 192.168.1.100-199 to 192.168.1.10-99, but this made no difference.
Reflashing the box fixed it. Yay :)

pembo
05-10-15, 21:03
it was quite possibly an issue in the resolv.conf that just needed updating as this contains the 'domain' and nameserver settings probably cached from your first router assuming the gateway address was different, e.g. it was 192.168.1.1 and its now 192.168.1.254 or something like that.

satmanbasil
05-10-15, 21:28
Hi

Ihad this problem a year or so back using a static ip address they way to check if a problem with router/network is to allow the router to assign the ip to your box and see if that resolves the problem, check yopur network settings to allow this to happen.

meggiedude
05-10-15, 22:37
Hi

Ihad this problem a year or so back using a static ip address they way to check if a problem with router/network is to allow the router to assign the ip to your box and see if that resolves the problem, check yopur network settings to allow this to happen.
I tried that mate. Tried several scenarios to fix it. used the old router with prev settings, but nothing worked until the reflash. I probably could have had a dig around with the config files on the box via a putty connection, but a reflash and backup restore soon got me fixed.

Sicilian
05-10-15, 22:40
but a reflash and backup restore soon got me fixed.

Sometimes that the fastest simplest way.