PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo

30manch
04-10-15, 17:58
Hi

New to this, I have a VU+ Duo running black hole the other day I changed skins, the box crashed with green screen, cannot connect by filezilla, cannot flash with USB, totally locked out. Tried switching off and reboot but still the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated, is there anyway of doing a total reset from the remote keys, it is not a clone machine.

Thanks
Steve

Sicilian
04-10-15, 22:32
Flashing guides can be found on www.openvix.co.uk, under guides and tutorials.

cactikid
04-10-15, 22:54
vu are fussy with the type of usb sticks used, kingston 8gb max :thumbsup:

judge
05-10-15, 01:02
vu are fussy with the type of usb sticks used
Still never experienced that. Various VU+ boxes & multiple random USB sticks used.

Larry-G
05-10-15, 10:12
Still never experienced that. Various VU+ boxes & multiple random USB sticks used.

same here including multiple 16 and 32 GB sticks. personally i think its a myth which was only ever included in my tutorials at the insistence of others.

Huevos
05-10-15, 10:20
Make sure the stick is formatted in FAT32.

DaMacFunkin
05-10-15, 10:43
same here including multiple 16 and 32 GB sticks. personally i think its a myth which was only ever included in my tutorials at the insistence of others.

Probably is and it isn't, I've had usb sticks over the years that just won't work with some devices.

judge
05-10-15, 11:08
Probably is and it isn't, I've had usb sticks over the years that just won't work with some devices.
Format them properly, extract the image properly & they will.

Larry-G
05-10-15, 11:33

yeah well I have flashed 5 different Vu+ models, 4 Technomate models, 1 gigablue and 1 xtrend several thousand times each over the past four to five years and only one single time had a problem with a genuine 4GB sandisk cruzer blade usb stick that was corrupted by a swap file.

I currently have well over 150 different USB sticks here ranging from 256MB to 32GB and every one of them works perfectly for flashing all my boxes plus another 100 micro SD memory cards of various sizes and their various USB adapters.

Sicilian
05-10-15, 12:36
Can assure you guys, its no myth, seen it with my own eyes with a number of brands/sizes etc... @ Larry, don't remember it being an insistence, more like pleasant request :confused:

All USB stick's formatted FAT32, using windows own format tool or HP Formatting tool, some sticks just do not get detected.

Old Solo and Duo struggle with anything over 8GB, no need for debate, user's try what you have, if not detected use smaller or try another brand, size, stick etc...