PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt as master server box vs VU+ Duo2?

realdannys
04-10-15, 12:53
Just wondering if the Mut@nt has the same support as the Duo2 to work as a master server box, i'm contemplating hooking up at least 2 client boxes via gigabit ethernet and use a master server box as the host with regards to tuners. The Mut@nt seems better suited to this due to the amount of tuners it can handle. But would it work in this manner, could I use VU+ Zero boxes as the slaves if i wanted? Will it intelligently mix and match my clines as and when they're needed and can I setup multiple dishes on it (i'm thinking 7 feeds from a Sky mini dish and one feed from my motorised dish, can I tell the bouquets to only access the motorised dish for channels not on Astra2?)

judge
04-10-15, 13:00
No need for multiple threads & can you stop all the cline talk.
Re-read the forum rules.

realdannys
04-10-15, 13:11
Hardly multiple threads is it, i'm specifically asking how the Mu@ant boxes perform in the Mu@ant forum and how they are supported compared to the Duo2 boxes in terms of plugins and images and performance.
And sorry I won't mention again the only reason anyone ever owns one of these boxes.

Huevos
04-10-15, 14:10
And sorry I won't mention again the only reason anyone ever owns one of these boxes.of course it is not the reason people buy these receivers. And if it were there are a lot of cheaper options out there.

judge
05-10-15, 01:06
the only reason anyone ever owns one of these boxes.
Nope ...