PDA

View Full Version : Audio Issue

keith0509
21-12-10, 11:47
Hi guys,
I am using vix 1.3 and when I play a movie (mkv) the picture and quality is superb but there is no sound.
The sound format is dts this is being used more and more with films i download.
Can this format be played using vix at the moment, if so how?
If not can it be incorporated in future images?
Cheers.

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 14:35
go to menu, setup, system AV settings and check you have DTS enabled

keith0509
21-12-10, 22:28
go to menu, setup, system AV settings and check you have DTS enabled

Thanks m8 but I don't seem to have that directory

silverfox0786
22-12-10, 00:50
mmenu, setup, system, av settings

keith0509
22-12-10, 10:02
mmenu, setup, system, av settings

Thank you for your patience silverfox0786

I have that but within that menu I have the following setting which relate to dolby sound :

Dolby digital default set to yes
Dolby digital downmix set to yes

But have no dts setting showing at all.

silverfox0786
22-12-10, 14:12
thats it set that to yes

so you get rid of NAR audio and for true dts you need to hook up your receiver to an amp

keith0509
22-12-10, 15:20
It is hooked up to an amp m8.
If I play the mkv file via VLC over the LAN then the sound is fine but as soon as I play it from the HD on the vu+ then no sound.
It's as if there is a codec or something missing from the Vu+
Any other ideas m8?

silverfox0786
22-12-10, 15:21
may just be that will need the vix coders input on this one may be a main driver issue then

Tkr001
22-12-10, 19:55
Set Dolby Digital Downmix to no

keith0509
23-12-10, 11:40
Set Dolby Digital Downmix to no

Tried that but all that does is switch the sound off altogether ( No sound at all)

sivhead
23-12-10, 17:10
same here also..... Not much point trying other images, I already did a few months back.... unless something has changed recently.

I did email Vuplus about this and Alex responded with and I quote
"Sorry for the inconvenience that you have.
some MKV files have such problem because of audio codec issue.
We do not support every audio codec for now but have a plan to various codecs in the near future"

Thanks for your interest of Vu+
Your VU+ team
If anyway one knows of a working solution/image then please let me know, as this is THE only reason I am keeping my media player plugged in.

sivhead
23-12-10, 17:18
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4667-Mkv-(blueray)-dual-audio-fix-for-vu&highlight=audioThis is an interesting thread, as when I play the movies on VLC player on the PC there is more than 1 audio stream. I will try this when I get home and post the results.

keith0509
23-12-10, 19:33
Hi sivhead
I have downloaded and tried that but the mkv in question for me only has 1 sound track anyway.

sivhead
23-12-10, 22:04
Yes I have just checked my mkv's that dont play sound, they are all DTS and its the only audio option as well, so it looks like we will have to wait for an update.

Tkr001
24-12-10, 04:45
Have you connected the Vuduo to your receiver via optical? I couldn't get multichannel sound to work with HDMI but it does with SPDIF.

keith0509
24-12-10, 11:49
Have you connected the Vuduo to your receiver via optical? I couldn't get multichannel sound to work with HDMI but it does with SPDIF.

But to do this you would need to keep swapping the optical cable all the time.
as it is, my set up works great giving me surround sound for all devices.
If I connect the optical directly to the Vu+ then the other devices I use will not get surround sound.
Seems to me that the developers at Vu+ need to do some work on this.

stanley1
24-12-10, 17:56
did you reboot ?

keith0509
24-12-10, 19:12
did you reboot ?

No m8, I am not going to start swapping cables and rebooting each time.
This should work via HDMI as it does with all my other devices, with the optical connection going directly from the surround sound to the TV.
This way means that whichever source I select from the TV will automatically obtain 5:1 from the surround system (If the source is capable of course)

mrhdooley
27-12-10, 10:42
Hi,
I have posted about audio issue in another post. Since the latest VIX version, something has definitely changed with mkv playback regarding DTS. I get a gstreamer codec error, cannot get DTS passthrough to work. Old image, worked perfect. Also some file types like mt2s or m2ts no longer display in the media directory. I reflashed with PLI to check what is happening on there end with the latest VU+drivers. I can confirm that they have DTS passthrough still working and actually have DTS downmix working with latest drivers.

keith0509
28-12-10, 11:34
lets hope that the guys get it sorted when they have the time to do so.