PDA

View Full Version : which receiver to buy for......

nick1284
30-09-15, 20:49
Hi All

I have just stumbled onto this forum via another site.

I have an openbox v8s. Everything is fine and working ok.

I am new to all this but quite quickly i have realized i really want a receiver box that allows me to record one channel whilst i watch another (i assume i need a twin tuner box?)

i would also like an epg that is more like skys, the xmltv one on the openbox is ok but not the best.

the other thing i am looking for is a box that enables kodi i currently have kodi on my pc for tv shows, films etc but would like one system for all my needs.

If there is another post on this type of thing can you please direct me to it, there is a million topics and i know i am not helping by adding to it but i really want some direct info for my needs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
30-09-15, 21:16
Obviously you didn't read the rules when you signed up to this forum?............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick1284
30-09-15, 21:27
just asking for some advice, sorry if thats a crime!

djz46
30-09-15, 21:32
You need to read the rules regarding card sharing talk.

nick1284
30-09-15, 21:38
ok apologies, i cant seem to edit my post to take it out so if any mod can delete that line then appreciated, i just assumed 99.9% of people who buy sat receivers do it for that, but ok

electrocop
01-10-15, 00:08
This is one of the few forums that does not tolerate discussion of card sharing - so long as you don't mention it again (in any form) you should be OK and you will get plenty of help here.

As for replacing your receiver, i would suggest something from the Vu+ range - perhaps a Duo2 or Solo2 - both are twin tuner and accept an internal HDD for recording and PVR purposes. I have always had Vu+ boxes and have been very happy with the performance and build quality.
If you load the ViX image, you will get a good EPG and a skin to make it look a little more familiar (like Sky+)