PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo Disecq switch help please anyone

tony-d
27-09-15, 08:19
Morning forum

Just a quick question I have just flashed by vu duo + twin tuner box with vix software I am a newbie by the way so please excuse any stupid questions.
I am setting up my box with various info on this site and I must say the site is fantastic. My question is I have sky dish and a dish pointing at hot bird. Do I need a Disecq switch if so which one should I get to be able to record and watch from sky and still have my hot bird working?

I was going to buy a 4x1 switch but I'm not sure it's what I need. Any advice would be great.

TK4|2|1
27-09-15, 08:25
How many cables are coming off the sky dish and how many off the hotbird dish. If it's 1 off each, no switch required. If it's 2 from sky and 1 from hotbird, yes some kind of switch will be needed.

tony-d
27-09-15, 08:37
Morning thanks for the quick reply.

My setup is 2 cables from a sky dish and one cable from my hot bird dish.

Thanks

abu baniaz
27-09-15, 12:54
A tuner can only be locked onto one quadrant of one particular satellite.The quadrants are high, low, horiziontal and vertical. Generally speaking for viewing, it is also a tranponder, not the quadrant.

If you have two satellites/LNBs on a tuner, that tuner can only receiver chanenls from teh one quadrant from the one satellite. If you were watching ZDF, that tuner will not be avialble for any 28.2 services.

Equally, if you were recording BBC news on the tuner with the diseqc switch, the 13e services would not be available to you. This is is becasue the tuner is occupied.

It might be better to change the LNB on the 13e dish so you have more than one output and also have have two diseqc switches. That way both tuners can access both sateilltes.

You only have acces to two satellites/LNBs, so a two port DiSeqc is adeqaute. However, I'd buy a four port one just in case you want to add a third LNB pointing at 19E.

TK4|2|1
27-09-15, 18:29
Another option would be to replace the aging Duo with a triple or quad tuner receiver.