PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Cannot see VU+ Zero in PC's "Network" anymore.

fulabeer
25-09-15, 23:51
I've been blessed with years of trouble free operation from Vix 2.0!
I have been using a VU+ Duo, and apart from doing the Capacitor fix has also been good. (Until a few weeks a go!)

Given that i haven't had any issues, you can image i have been reluctant to mess with anything. After twice swapping capacitors on my VU+ Duo, it finally refused to boot. I didn't fancy changing the power regulator or paying to have somebody else do it. So i ordered a VU+ Zero from WOS last week. I asked for VIX 3.2 to be pre-installed. Setting everything up was fairly straight forward apart from a small niggle involving seeing the new box on my PC's network.

My old VU+ DUO used to show up in "My PC" - "Network" etc. From there, i could access VAR/ETC without having to use any other FTPing software. I'm wondering what has changed with my new setup. Windows 10 does not see my new Zero box. Therefore i had to download some FTPing software, just to add some files. Any ideas why or what i maybe did years ago to make my DUO box visible in Windows 10 "Netwrok"? Ie, is it a Windows 10/VIX 3.2/Zero problem?

My second niggle is the remote's "Channel UP/Down" buttons. There used to be an option of swapping those buttons to pages UP/Down instead. I use the D button to scroll channels in menus so find the page skip feature much faster. Anybody know where in VIX3.2 this option is? (assuming it is even an option now etc)

Cheers!

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 23:56
In order to view your reciever using "Windows Explorrer" you need to have Samba installed on the receiver. Samba is no longer insatalled in the image by default.

You can customise what the buttons do for most items in "Button Setup"

fulabeer
26-09-15, 00:19
Wow, that was quick abu!
Well Samba fixed the network problem.
As for the channel buttons. I'm not sure what to do. I press channel up for example. It gives me the option to change the command. But i don't know what/were to select page up?

If it's any help. I down loaded the VIX manual from this site (V1.1) and it's section 7.3 Channel +/- change option. Cannot find it in Vix 3.2

abu baniaz
26-09-15, 00:48
Before you change, are the defaults not any good to you?

Withning the channel selection

Right is one page down,
Left one page up
> (next to 0) Goes to next marker
< (next to 0) Goes to previous marker

If you want to change, you have to go top teh menu you want to change and then press the button you wish to use. Pretty sure pressing it again removes the function.

fulabeer
26-09-15, 15:11
abu
I guess i'm just used to using the Channel +/- buttons to skip pages up/down in menus etc. I assume it used to a option becuase a few of us prefered it that way etc.
It's not a real problem, and i will use the right/left direction buttons from now onwards. It is a great relief to have the Zero showing in "Network" again.
Thank you for all your help!