PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Cross EPG only updating some channels.

dallast
25-09-15, 23:40
Dear all,

Over the past month or so I notice that Cross EPG is only updating some of my channels. I am using my dish for FTA channels on 28.2 (UK, BBC etc).

I have Cross EPG setup with Open TV providers - Sky UK Open TV. I have run this very successfully for the past 3-4 years with my old VU+Duo and then my VU+Duo 2. But in the past month or so, many of my channels are getting no EPG update. See image below, this shows some of the channels affected. other channels that are not being updated include CBS Drama, more>movies, Sony TV, True Ent, Motors TV UK, Showcase, etc.

I have tried using XMLTV Providers - Rytec UK XMLTV, but I find that it takes ages to run (15+ minutes, as it constantly seems to parse stuff) and I find it not 100% accurate. Also it too skips one or two channels.

I store my epg on a usb stick. I have reformatted this, I have tried defragging database etc. No matter what I do, the channels I mention above get no Epg update. As I say, this issue has been noticeable for the past month - 6 weeks or so. I was so happy with Open TV, it used to run so quickly. Has anyone any ideas why this is happening and is there anything I can do to resolve ?

Many thanks for advice / help.

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 23:51
HOw are you making your favourites bouquet?

dallast
26-09-15, 16:30
I set up my bouquets manually using Dreamset.

abu baniaz
26-09-15, 16:39
Theer is more likely a mismatch with teh service references.

dallast
26-09-15, 19:12
Theer is more likely a mismatch with teh service references.

I wonder why as all the channels work perfectly in terms of receiving picture and sound. Do you reckon if I did a full rescan and recreated my bouquets from scratch, would that help ?

Andy_Hazza
26-09-15, 19:27
I wonder why as all the channels work perfectly in terms of receiving picture and sound. Do you reckon if I did a full rescan and recreated my bouquets from scratch, would that help ?

Press menu, setup, system, EPG, Load/Save/Delete and then delete EPG data.
Get rid of your usb for EPG storage, use your HDD and save. Then press blue button and run CrossEPG downloader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
26-09-15, 19:27
If you view the channels in the satellites menu instead of bouquets, do they have EPG data?

If you run ABM (place bouquets at bottom to avoid disrupting yours), do the same channels in the ABM bouquets have EPG data?

abu baniaz
26-09-15, 21:59
ABM makes bouquets as per the official list as a default. it can be configured to make bouquets how a person likes.

consider this as a warning to not thread spoil again.

how is he going to load your bouquets without removing his?

dallast
27-09-15, 20:21
When I view the channels in the satellites menu instead of bouquets, they are also missing epg data.

I have also tried deleting epg, removing the usb stick, setting up epg to save to hdd. I then press blue, run Cross Epg downloader. It makes no difference. Same channels still missing data.

What difference would it make whether I use ABM or not ? I wonder is this something to do with satellites.xml? Do I need an updated one ? This is very frustrating. Whats going on? Why has this started happening after working so well for years ?

abu baniaz
27-09-15, 20:28
Did all instances of the channel with same name have EPG data?

The EPG data on the satellite, uses their paarmeters. If your one does not tally, you will have an incompatibility. ABM obtains the data from the satellite, so less likely to have such issue. (You can manipulate ABM to create your own bouquets, but that us for another topic)

Have you tried to delete the EPG data and then download it again? There is a Load/Save/Delete option within the EPG menu.

dallast
27-09-15, 20:35
Did all instances of the channel with same name have EPG data?

The EPG data on the satellite, uses their paarmeters. If your one does not tally, you will have an incompatibility. ABM obtains the data from the satellite, so less likely to have such issue. (You can manipulate ABM to create your own bouquets, but that us for another topic)

Have you tried to delete the EPG data and then download it again? There is a Load/Save/Delete option within the EPG menu.

See my previous post. Already tried that.

If my parameters do not tally, how would I remedy that ?

judge
27-09-15, 20:47
If you use Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker -> Configure -> Keep all non-ABM bouquets = no, and then run ABM, does the EPG populate then after a fresh download?
If so, try recreating your favourites again after this stage. Maybe better to get ABM to create them so they are also updated on an ABM run.

abu baniaz
27-09-15, 20:51
Perform a manual scan with option to clear before scanning. Move the channels you are having issues with into the into the bouquets. Delete the troublesome ones.

Out of interest,
From your /etc/enigma2 folder, can you zip and upload the following files please?
lamedb
everything ending in .tv
everything ending in .radio

Do not do this if you have IPTV services.

dallast
27-09-15, 20:56
I think I have solved 90% of the issue.
I have done a complete rescan of all services. After that, I notice that the affected channels now appear as <n/a>. So I used dreamset to read and edit the bouquet, copied over the <n/a> channels with their missing counterparts from the newly updated scan and then used Dreamset to update the box. I then ran epg downloader and all the channels are now getting their epg data updated.

I
However, the full rescan is missing one or two channels. I am not seeing movies4men or Sony Movies. Now these channels do exist, I was using them last night. So why are then not found with a full rescan ?

Secondly, is it much work to setup ABM to give me my bouquets exactly as I have them now? I have Favorites, News, Plus1, Music, Streams, BBC regions and ITV regions. I dabbled with ABM before and found it confusing and limiting sop just left it.

Many thanks for any advice.