PDA

View Full Version : Scouse645's tuner not available thread

scouse645
24-09-15, 20:32
I commiserate with you mate, iv'e had the same problem as you with the same setup for a while now, been trying all the suggestions on the forum plus some of my own, still the same though:confused:

kill_bill
24-09-15, 20:39
Just tried going back to cccam 2.2.1 from 2.3 to see if that makes a difference.

Tkr001
24-09-15, 21:04
Have you tried the fixed on tuner b and motorised on tuner a?

scouse645
24-09-15, 21:08
Have you tried the fixed on tuner b and motorised on tuner a?

I have, made no difference i'm afraid, i have gone back to the default skin since yesterday and it has been ok, not sure if its just a coincidence.

scouse645
25-09-15, 12:08
sad to report that changing the skin to default didn't work, put my new mutant2400 on this morning and it's showing tuner B in red, which is recording, but i'm not recording, as somebody else reported earlier if you restart GUI it corrects this to no tuner recording, can't think of anything else to do to cure this:confused:

judge
25-09-15, 12:33
Nothing to do with the skin. Something is using the tuner. You need to find out who or what that is.

scouse645
25-09-15, 12:49
Thanks for your reply, i wouldn't know were to start to find that out, iv'e done all i have been advised to do, within my capabilities, this is only a recent problem which started on my vu solo2 before this box, i'm not the only one by the sounds of it.

Andy_Hazza
25-09-15, 15:24
You get that when you haven't a got free tuner. So either 1/ Two recordings are taking place and you trying to access another channel, thus giving you the error message. 2/ Someone else is accessing your box!?!. 3/ One of your cables is flakey.
I would suggest looking at your cabling, f-connectors etc first. Even snipping some cable off n reapplying f-connectors etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scouse645
25-09-15, 16:44
You get that when you haven't a got free tuner. So either 1/ Two recordings are taking place and you trying to access another channel, thus giving you the error message. 2/ Someone else is accessing your box!?!. 3/ One of your cables is flakey.
I would suggest looking at your cabling, f-connectors etc first. Even snipping some cable off n reapplying f-connectors etc.

All the checks you mention i'm sure like myself they have been checked, including all cabling etc, i was out in the garden yesterday checking my cabling and dish, nothing wrong with them, in my case anyway, enough people with this problem to not be a cabling or f connector problem.

Andy_Hazza
25-09-15, 18:02
What are you using for your channels, ViX's ABM?

scouse645
25-09-15, 18:13
I use vix ABM and still have the problem, i must have been doing it all wrong for years, never had this before. with respect i would have to be thick to not know when i'm recording on 1 or 2 tuners.

Andy_Hazza
25-09-15, 18:42
I use vix ABM and still have the problem, i must have been doing it all wrong for years, never had this before. with respect i would have to be thick to not know when i'm recording on 1 or 2 tuners.

What are your tuner settings please for Tuner A and Tuner B. Menu, Setup, Service Searching and Tuner Configuration.

scouse645
25-09-15, 18:52
Tuner A is 28.2E, Tuner B is set for usals.

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 19:20
POsts moved to their own thread so that each perosn's issues can be be dealt with properly.

Nobody has posted debug logs. May help identify issue

scouse645
25-09-15, 19:28
I don't know were debug logs are, if they go after rebooting i won't have any as i have been messing about with it all day.

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 19:40
You have to enable them in teh logs menu. You need to reboot for change to take effect. They will be found in /home/root/logs/

judge
25-09-15, 19:46
Plug out the network cable, does it happen then?

scouse645
25-09-15, 19:47
ok, will do

scouse645
25-09-15, 19:49
Plug out the network cable, does it happen then?

I have tried that, just the same.

scouse645
26-09-15, 18:32
I have tried something else today, i usually set autobouquets to run at 4 in the morning, i set that to off last night, no problem today, could that be the problem? also the other day when i ran autobouquets it crashed the box.