PDA

View Full Version : Issues with motorised dish setup combined with diseqc switch

madaboutlotus
22-09-15, 14:02
Hi Rob

thanks for the reply. OK will use that. It was just that Abu sent me a drawing with just the one fixed and one motorised so I could make sure I had the output of the Diseqc switch correct. My issue is that on 0.8W and 19.2E when I scan after the box reporting a good signal, only returns the same 16 Sly channels? So I assume either the box setup is wrong or the wiring is wrong. I will double check my wiring when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Moved posts to their own thread.

madaboutlotus
25-09-15, 14:11
Hi
I have attached my setup with fixed, motor and diseqc switch. If these connections are correct I just need to focus on the setup of LNB, USALS, etc. etc.http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44890&stc=1

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 14:24
That hardware setup is correct.

When it comes to configuring a tuner, treat each tuner individually. Don't consider what is connected to other tuner or receiver.

madaboutlotus
25-09-15, 15:02
Many thanks Abu. Also I think I might get a SATlink to make sure my motorised dish is tracking correctly, although I could try the 'trial and Error' approach but that takes a fair while to do on your own. I will also go back to the Vix manual and see if I have missed some important settings as I cannot see if I have a strong indicated signal say on 0.8W that it will not pick up any of the Euro channels.

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 15:49
When trying to resolve an issue, it's best to keep things simple as far as possible and not introduce other variables.

It might be better for you to forget the diseqc switch for now and sort out alignment issue first. I.e disconnect the switch. Load a multisat list, check signal levels and adjust as necessary. You can do it with signal meter apps on phone. Or even the signal meter on receiver. Rob was kind enough to enlarge it, hope he does same for picons.

madaboutlotus
25-09-15, 15:55
When trying to resolve an issue, it's best to keep things simple as far as possible and not introduce other variables.

It might be better for you to forget the diseqc switch for now and sort out alignment issue first. I.e disconnect the switch. Load a multisat list, check signal levels and adjust as necessary. You can do it with signal meter apps on phone. Or even the signal meter on receiver. Rob was kind enough to enlarge it, hope he does same for picons.

Which app works best on iphone.
'Rob was kind enough to enlarge it, hope he does same for picons' What do you mean by this?