PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM Using Custom-Norfolk but names ITV as Meridian

steveharman
25-09-15, 15:57
Hello!

We're using [Custom] - [Noroflk] as our region in ABM and swapping channels to put the HDs where the SDs would be. But despite being set to 'Norfolk' ITV(1) always comes up as "ITV Meridian South HD" which I believe is a south coast franchise? The box certainly isn't showing Anglia which serves (err...) East Anglia.

How can I change this please? It's not the end of the world, I know. ;-) On a related note the picons we use from https://picons.xyz/ only seem to have itv.png for ITV so we don't have one showing up for ITV(1) as our service is currently named "ITV Meridian South HD". Presumably I can rename itv.png - but to what? ITV-Meridian-South-HD.png ?

Cheers,

Steve

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 20:05
Please run ABM without swaps and answer following questions:

Region being used
Name of channel on 103.
Name of chanenl on 178.

In comparission to an offical receiver,
what did you expect to have on channel 103
what did you expect to have on channel 178
On ehe 178 being obtained, are the localised programs correct?

The area names have been artificially added by ABM, it may have been an error on our part or as a result of some changes by ITV. Not all ITV regions have a local HD equivalent too.

We also advice that ABM support questiona are accompanied by logs. It takes the guesswork out of the equation when trying to recreate and tehn fix issues. See here please
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

steveharman
26-09-15, 08:14
Please run ABM without swaps and answer following questions:

Region being used
Name of channel on 103.
Name of chanenl on 178.

In comparission to an offical receiver,
what did you expect to have on channel 103
what did you expect to have on channel 178
On ehe 178 being obtained, are the localised programs correct?

The area names have been artificially added by ABM, it may have been an error on our part or as a result of some changes by ITV. Not all ITV regions have a local HD equivalent too.

We also advice that ABM support questiona are accompanied by logs. It takes the guesswork out of the equation when trying to recreate and tehn fix issues. See here please
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

> Region being used
Custom (Norfolk) - channels swapped in ABM

> Name of channel on 103.
TV Meridian South HD

> Name of chanenl on 178.
ITV Anglia East

> What did you expect to have on channel 103
ITV Anglia East HD

> What did you expect to have on channel 178
ITV Anglia East SD

Channel 178 [when swapped] is named as ITV Anglia East - haven't seen any localised content yet to confirm I'm afraid. Attached the last couple of days logs, the earlier of which should have an ABM scan in it. Turning off swap returns ITV Anglia East to 103 and puts TV Meridian South HD on 178.

Thanks for the reply,

Steve

Andy_Hazza
26-09-15, 09:30
> Region being used
Custom (Norfolk) - channels swapped in ABM

> Name of channel on 103.
TV Meridian South HD

> Name of chanenl on 178.
ITV Anglia East

> What did you expect to have on channel 103
ITV Anglia East HD

> What did you expect to have on channel 178
ITV Anglia East SD

Channel 178 [when swapped] is named as ITV Anglia East - haven't seen any localised content yet to confirm I'm afraid. Attached the last couple of days logs, the earlier of which should have an ABM scan in it. Turning off swap returns ITV Anglia East to 103 and puts TV Meridian South HD on 178.

Thanks for the reply,

Steve

Can you do without swap as Abu said please. Ta

steveharman
26-09-15, 09:37
Can you do without swap as Abu said please. Ta

You mean do logs without swap?

If not, then as I wrote "Turning off swap returns ITV Anglia East to 103 and puts TV Meridian South HD on 178."

Steve

Andy_Hazza
26-09-15, 09:40
Yeah produce logs without swap please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
26-09-15, 13:03
There are about 17 ITV (SD) channels. There are only 5 ITV (HD) channels. So 12 regions will have what they feel is the wrong regional HD channel.

Until ITV starts broadcasting more chanenls, that is the way it is going to be. See this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47990-ITV-westcountry-swap-channel-issue

I think we willl remove the ITV (HD) renames, I'll have to run it by someone else. We will get less confusion if people just get "ITV HD" without the regional area.

Huevos
26-09-15, 15:38
Please see

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48155-ITV-HD-channel-scanned-by-ABM-doesn-t-match-local-region&p=375625#post375625 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48155-ITV-HD-channel-scanned-by-ABM-doesn-t-match-local-region&p=375625#post375625)

steveharman
27-09-15, 08:40
In total there are at least 17 ITV regions, so you can get news and advertising aimed at your local region. For example, if you want the latest update on a cat stuck up a tree in Weston-Super-Mare you need to be on ITV West Country, but you won't be able to see that news in HD because there are only 6 ITV HD regions and ITV West Country is not one of them.

The provider (ITV), not the maintainers of ABM, decides which HD region is most appropriate for you based on the area you select. If you are not happy with this situation please complain to ITV.

This has been asked numerous times. People are obviously not reading the forum before posting repeat questions.

Until this potential change, could someone advise what I should rename the 'itv.png' picon so our channel 103 picks it up please? The service name applied by ABM for ITV(1) on ch.103 is 'Meridian South HD'.

Many thanks,

Steve

Andy_Hazza
27-09-15, 09:32
If 103 says ITV Meridian South HD, rename to itvmeridiansouthhd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
27-09-15, 10:07
Or just edit the autobouquets xml so your region displays as ITV HD which is what the channel is actually called.

Huevos
27-09-15, 11:11
Or just edit the autobouquets xml so your region displays as ITV HD which is what the channel is actually called.That is not something we support.

Huevos
27-09-15, 11:16
If 103 says ITV Meridian South HD, rename to itvmeridiansouthhdJust itvmeridiansouth.png. You only need the "hd" if you want to use a different picon for the HD channel. This way only requires one picon/symlink to cover both channels.

abu baniaz
27-09-15, 12:35
Until this potential change, could someone advise what I should rename the 'itv.png' picon so our channel 103 picks it up please? The service name applied by ABM for ITV(1) on ch.103 is 'Meridian South HD'.

Many thanks,

Steve
The channel is not being named 'Meridian South HD, it is being named "ITV 'Meridian South HD".

So you must rename picon to

If 103 says ITV Meridian South HD, rename to itvmeridiansouthhd

Which picon pack are you using?