PDA

View Full Version : [Q]Help Setting up

alleycat
20-12-10, 23:22
hi there. i have a new receiver, spiderbox900 managed to update it with usb stick with patch, this is new to me. saved data for channels on pc, the patch has registered on box. got mac add and serial number off back, but i cant get the 3 numbers i suppose to keep. try to register telling me to wait but nothing happens, tried this several times. also because i dont know much about this obviosly channels aint opening. be gratefull for any answers, thank you:mad:

Larry-G
20-12-10, 23:52
as your using the spiderbox and it's so called gift aka share server. i doubt there will be many willing to help you.

chris-k
21-12-10, 00:10
if its a new box theres only 2 numbers mac and serial nr
old nuevo is gone on newer boxes,, now service+ ,to get that only register and connect.

alleycat
21-12-10, 01:20
thanks for that, trying to register it says wait but nothig happens tried several tmes

Sicilian
21-12-10, 06:34
As Chris-k stated, new boxs on service+ now.

chris-k
21-12-10, 12:41
turn service+ to off then reboot your box on the switch on backside,,,,then go in and turn service+ to on again, and try register,,,wait for connected.
if not,,,check your router settings ,,perhaps it works better with manuel ip settings.

alleycat
21-12-10, 21:40
hi chris k sorry to sound a bit of a thicko, i have realised that i am not connected the box to internet. if you could bare with me about this, my router is connected upstairs to my pc of course, tv and box downstairs,i have a spare phone socket down stairs and a spare router = link could you tell me if i set up another router down stairs would it affect pc and how do i go about this. thanking you for your time.

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 21:45
no mate you cant setup 2 dsl routers to one dsl line what you can do is get a bridge or homeplugs to extend the connection

alleycat
21-12-10, 22:45
no mate you cant setup 2 dsl routers to one dsl line what you can do is get a bridge or homeplugs to extend the connection

thank you i may get somewhere now.:)

chris-k
21-12-10, 23:49
you can use so called homeplugs ,,runs thru your power lines in the house.

alleycat
22-12-10, 02:05
thank you i will give it a try.

alleycat
06-01-11, 19:30
high chris-k just to let you know took your advice on homeplug, very good it is to. sorry for takeing a while to get back to you, looking forward to getting the next update for the 900 and getting more used to the receiver.