PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Tuner not available error

kill_bill
23-09-15, 19:49
Have feed from fixed dish to tuner a and motorised dish to tuner b. Started getting this error when selecting European channels when on Hades so did a clean reflash to 005 and still the same.

In settings tried setting preferred tuners to auto and also 'a' but still get the error. If I start enigma all is fine.

abu baniaz
23-09-15, 20:32
Nobody knows what tuners/dish/diseqc/motor settings you have. You should describe the hardware as well as tuner configuration.

kill_bill
23-09-15, 20:35
Standard tuners, dragonsat motor, using usals

abu baniaz
23-09-15, 20:46
Standard tuners, dragonsat motor, using usals
Standard setup works for most people.

On a serious note..
I hope you understand that standard is non-standard. One's standard may be someone else's exception.

kill_bill
23-09-15, 20:50
Tuner a fixed 28.2 tuner b positioned using usals.

abu baniaz
23-09-15, 20:55
I suspect whatever program you have used to transfer your bouquets has interferred with the satellites.xml

If the system one in /etc/tubox/ is missing values for your satellite, download from
http://satellites-xml.org/

kill_bill
23-09-15, 20:58
I downloaded the malimali motorised list from the feeds, then separately run autobouquetsmaker to give the a sky list before all the euros. Will try a new satellites.xml file

kill_bill
23-09-15, 22:02
Another thing I've noticed, most of the time in the infobar it says Tuner A but sometimes it says Tuner AB

judge
23-09-15, 22:12
Another thing I've noticed, most of the time in the infobar it says Tuner A but sometimes it says Tuner AB

Second tuner is being used by you or someone/something else so.

kill_bill
23-09-15, 22:14
What could that be then? Autobouquets and cross epg run early in the morning, have no one accessing the box for viewing via apps etc

judge
23-09-15, 22:16
Opened any ports for external viewing? Tuner trying to get a lock on signal...

kill_bill
24-09-15, 09:16
No open ports, was a fresh setup. The only access I have is the VU Player app on my firestick in the bedroom at home but that is off when I am using the box downstairs.

Switched on this morning and channel on 28.2 came up with 'Tuner AB' in the corner. I am using Blue HD skin so 'A' is white and 'B' is yellow, don't know if that's relevant?

DaMacFunkin
24-09-15, 12:37
You can't turn fire stick off short of unplugging the power supply.

kill_bill
24-09-15, 17:50
Flicking through tonight, some channels show 'Tuner AB' (A in yellow and B white) while others show just 'Tuner A'

Not really sure what's happening!

tempdj
25-09-15, 13:49
I am having the same issues.
I have fix dish quad LNB, but only using 2 outputs feed to the VU+ solo2.
Not sure what is going on but most (not all) mornings i switch on i get this problem. Randomly some channels do work, but most don't.
I have attached some screenshots.
Hopefully we can find a solution.
Normally the only why i sort this out is to do a switch off and on of the VU+, then normally i just get tuner A show up in white and all channels work, but no tuner B.
One question. In the OSD info bar where it shows Tuner A & B, will it only show the Tuner that is in use?? or should it always show both in white?

tempdj
25-09-15, 14:01
Just made a quick test. Tried a stream via Open Webif, and checked the info bar on the VU+. It now shows Tuner A & B. A is white and B is yellow.
Guess this answers my question a little.
Guess the question is why do we get the No free tuner or no tuner available error??

tempdj
25-09-15, 16:30
Thanks, will check and try these things. I think its the use of Open webif that might be taking up a tuner, but will check connections as well.

breomckillian
25-09-15, 16:32
I've got the same problem with the Vu Solo 2 box. Randomly the box throws up a "no free tuner" error message - usually most mornings when I wake up. This has only started happening since coming across to the 3.2 (build 5) image. I'm running ABM 28.2E, Dreamplex, with the NovumHd2 skin and weather widgets just in case that's of any use.

I've rolled back to the last Hades image the past few days and that works fine so not really sure what's going on.

According to the feeds there is a build 6 released but can't find any change log for it so not sure if that's worth a try?

breomckillian
25-09-15, 17:06
Checked the cables here already, moved the Vu Solo 2 another to another cable in the bedroom and same issue.

Updated to build 06 and problem still there (issue happens about 10 minutes into starting the box from a clean boot i.e. lose channels on some frequencies).

breomckillian
25-09-15, 18:04
I'm using AutoBouquet E2 (21/07/15 release)

Andy_Hazza
25-09-15, 18:07
I have a Vu+ Solo2, on ViX 3.2-006, using ViX's ABM with no such issues. If I record 2 channels at the same time, all my non viewable channels are greyed as that shows they are on different transponders, which is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breomckillian
25-09-15, 18:09
I'll give the builtin ABM a go when the family is not watching the TV instead of the E2 one to try in case its an issue with the plugin.

abu baniaz
25-09-15, 19:24
Thids is Kill Bill's thread. To avoid ncofusion, please start your own thread. Post a link to this thread if similar issue.

@Kill Bill,
Upload a debug log whcih captures the issue.
Also post an excerpt of your settings file whch deals with the tuner config. It will be like the following:

config.Nims.1.diseqcMode=positioner
config.Nims.0.diseqcA=282

The settings file is located in /etc/enigma2

kill_bill
28-09-15, 11:54
Something wierd is going on and im not sure it's tuner related, but something running accessing the other tuner.

Was getting a freeze every 5 seconds (timed it!), restarted Enigma then OK. Started freezing again after a hour or so.

Changed default ports for remote streaming incase, really not sure!

harryoz
28-09-15, 14:06
When is someone going to admit this is 3.2 image problem, when I go back to Hades then no tuner problems.
Extend Et8000 with 007 updated today still same problems.

scouse645
28-09-15, 14:13
Iv'e had the same problems as above, in my opinion i have fixed it by turning off the ABM from scanning at a set time during the night, doing it manually myself, no problem since. i'm not saying i know why this worked, it just did.

judge
28-09-15, 14:32
When is someone going to admit this is 3.2 image problem

It's not though.

kill_bill
28-09-15, 15:38
Iv'e had the same problems as above, in my opinion i have fixed it by turning off the ABM from scanning at a set time during the night, doing it manually myself, no problem since. i'm not saying i know why this worked, it just did.

I'll give this a blast, or go back to Hades!

scouse645
29-09-15, 11:10
I'm sad to report that i put my box on this morning and tuner B shows recording but it isn't:confused:

Rob van der Does
29-09-15, 13:42
1) Sometimes when streaming to another device (E2-box, mobile) the tuner won't be freed when the streaming stops. That depends on the client box. Powering off the client box completely (i.e. powerless, or deep sleep) fixes this.
2) When a port to the box has been forwarded in the router, the STB may be accessed from the outside world. The telnet command 'netstat' will tell you who it is, and disconnecting the LAN-connector will fix it for sure. Worth a try.

ANyway: there is no issue with ViX 3.2 causing tuners to show busy while they aren't.

Andy_Hazza
29-09-15, 19:40
When is someone going to admit this is 3.2 image problem, when I go back to Hades then no tuner problems.
Extend Et8000 with 007 updated today still same problems.

No such issues on all my boxes running ViX 3.2-007.

bbbuk
30-09-15, 22:28
I haven't noticed this neither on my Solo2 running a clean/fresh usb install (with no restore of settings) of 3.2 006 with just $ky uk (no multisat).

Rob van der Does
01-10-15, 04:53
I have a range of boxes on ViX 3.2 and none of them has such an issue. And if there was a real problem in this area, the forum would be overloaded with complaints.

So best is to try to find the culprit instead of walking away. There must be a suer setting that causes this. Best way would be to start with a flash without restore (only use ABM or any other means to get your bouquets on board) and a softcam.
Also disconnect the LAN-cable whenever you experience an issue like this and see if that stops it.

scouse645
01-10-15, 11:40
Morning all, i am still having this problem, done all i can to find out why, including all suggestions above, a new box was purchased also, a mutant2400, i have also done fresh flash without restore, i have also tried every setting in recording settings, i have now put Hades 018 back on the box as of yesterday, no problem since:p with respect i would ask if the members who have tried to address this problem actually record on a daily basis as i do, not sure there is a problem if you don't record.

gabbism
01-10-15, 12:05
Good afternoon Guys,

I have just bought a VU+ duo2 but i can't find anyway to add softcam plugin i have contacted the people i bought it from cos i couldnot add Cline or Nline to it. Plus i am quite new to all this.

thanks for your help.

Peterj
01-10-15, 12:10
@gabbism:
Don't hijack someones thread and no card sharing talk on the board.
Read the rules again

Andy_Hazza
01-10-15, 12:11
Good afternoon Guys,

I have just bought a VU+ duo2 but i can't find anyway to add softcam plugin i have contacted the people i bought it from cos i couldnot add Cline or Nline to it. Plus i am quite new to all this.

thanks for your help.

You didn't read the forum rules when you signed up then?........

harryoz
01-10-15, 15:51
Morning all, i am still having this problem, done all i can to find out why, including all suggestions above, a new box was purchased also, a mutant2400, i have also done fresh flash without restore, i have also tried every setting in recording settings, i have now put Hades 018 back on the box as of yesterday, no problem since:p with respect i would ask if the members who have tried to address this problem actually record on a daily basis as i do, not sure there is a problem if you don't record.

I second all you have done, I have extrend et8000 and Xpeed lx3, on the 8000 i dont record and dont use ABM, on the LX3 I dont use ABM but do record, and as I too said before when I go back to Hades 018 no problems, also Hades has samba installed, and In customise i can disable auto scanning of channels, I find Hades much more user friendly.

Rob van der Does
01-10-15, 16:38
...also Hades has samba installed, and In customise i can disable auto scanning of channels, I find Hades much more user friendly.
You can install Samba on 3.2 without any problem. It has been left out, as many people don't use it, so it would be a waste of resources.
As you may have read (in an other thread) the disabling of backgroundscanning will be back in the next build; it wasn't in the last one due to an error.

Rob van der Does
01-10-15, 16:40
And as the issue mentioned in this thread can't be reproduced by any one in our team, I can only suggest it's due to a setup error. And even if it is a bug, we can't fix it without reproducing it.

bbbuk
01-10-15, 20:09
Morning all, i am still having this problem, done all i can to find out why, including all suggestions above, a new box was purchased also, a mutant2400, i have also done fresh flash without restore, i have also tried every setting in recording settings, i have now put Hades 018 back on the box as of yesterday, no problem since:p with respect i would ask if the members who have tried to address this problem actually record on a daily basis as i do, not sure there is a problem if you don't record.My box is recording most weekdays (bloody soaps) and I haven't discovered this on my Solo2.

I did a fresh usb flash with no restore of settings and only plugins installed is softcam and bluehd skin. I use ABM and don't use multisat just sky.

Do you have any plugins installed at all?

scouse645
01-10-15, 20:40
I have no plugins installed, not much point discussing it anymore, just myself has obviously set it up wrong:confused: no problem on my cable box with the new image though. i will continue to use Hades 018 for now.

tempdj
05-10-15, 19:58
I have a range of boxes on ViX 3.2 and none of them has such an issue. And if there was a real problem in this area, the forum would be overloaded with complaints.

So best is to try to find the culprit instead of walking away. There must be a suer setting that causes this. Best way would be to start with a flash without restore (only use ABM or any other means to get your bouquets on board) and a softcam.
Also disconnect the LAN-cable whenever you experience an issue like this and see if that stops it.

Found mine to be when using Open Webif, with port forwarding on my router. Closed the ports and all is OK again. Disappointing as the streaming feature was one of the things i wanted to use. The port doesnt always stay open and when i have run a few test you can see when i close the stream that tuner B becomes available again. Unfortunately this is hit and miss. Most of the time tuner B is taken up by a stream that was closed a long time ago. Not sure if this is a problem of the STB or the router.

kill_bill
07-10-15, 19:16
I disabled ABM running on schedule and changed to manual and haven't had an issue since.

abu baniaz
07-10-15, 19:20
The only differnce that would do is negate usage of another tuner.

wezlyons
12-10-15, 15:29
I have had this exact same problem for a couple of months now.
I put it down to an LNB problem, now after reading this thread I'm not so sure.

Larry-G
12-10-15, 15:41
I disabled ABM running on schedule and changed to manual and haven't had an issue since.

I have been using ABM since the day it was invented with daily scheduled runs at 04:00 without issues except where the tuner configuration was at fault.

byzent
20-03-16, 06:37
This is a known issue for almost 2 years. I had a VUplus Duo that worked perfectly, with only 1 lnb I could record or stream 1 channel and watch another one.
The only satellites I use are Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N at (19.2°E) and Astra 3B (23.5°E). Since an update in the drivers around June 2014 many people have had this problem.

Most problems can be solved by:
1. Ensuring your cable works and is connected to Tuner B
2. Ensuring you have the correct tuner configuration: Tuner A -> loopthrough to Tuner B and Tuner B -> Simple (with your satellites)
* You can solve 1 and 2 by patching the NimManager.py script
3. Ensuring you use the correct cccam plugin (2.2.1 will not work, 2.3.0 will allow to decode multiple channels)

If you have done this and it still doesn't work, it's a sad day for you. The replies you will get are "connect another cable" or "it's normal that you can only watch channels on the same transponder". If you are waiting for a fix, you won't get one, so reinstall a very old image, try to fix it yourself or buy another receiver that CAN do this.

Rob van der Does
20-03-16, 09:06
1- With 'only one LNB' you can't possibly receive two satellites.
2- One LNB means that the second tuner can only look at services in the same polarisation and frequency-band.

All this has nothing to do with any update.