PDA

View Full Version : What SNR to stop glitching?

walter_red
20-12-10, 20:49
Hi all - I upgraded my old DM800 clone with the new mainboard and tuner and get up to 100% on some hd channels with no glitches. Connect the VU+ to the same cables and get only low to high 70's% and problems - especially when both tuners connected. I'm using the sly feed twin cable. Any ideas please? It's driving me mad. I bought the VU+ as an upgrade - twin tuner etc and can't use it.

Could it be the image, cam or what?
I'm on latest VIX and tried cams 213,214 and 221.

thanks for any suggestions.

Larry-G
20-12-10, 20:55
personally i would pay not attention what so ever to the signal strength as no receiver to date offers a true representation of the signal strength.

pooface
20-12-10, 21:04
As phoenix says, you should not worry about the snr... At 70% you will have no troubles with the channels. I have some channels on other satellites which I only get 45% on my duo, and have no problems with glitching...

My idea is that you are doing something we cannot discuss here to get your channels clearing, which is what is causing your glitching... If it seems to be pausing every 20-30 seconds or something, then that is likely your problem. If it is, then sorry, but we can't discuss that here!

DrProzac
20-12-10, 21:08
The threshold seems to be about 30% for me on the low one's anything at 29% I get breakup.

GiP
20-12-10, 22:53
Hi,

I thought that SNR was the "Signal to Noise Ratio" and AGC (Automatic Gain Control) was the Signal strenght.
Isn't that so?

GiP

bacardi
21-12-10, 00:49
do you have a clock speed set for the white card

walter_red
21-12-10, 14:05
Thanks to pooface & pheonix - i know what you mean.....! Will investigate an alternative. I thought it was odd because some that show similar numbers are fine and others were terrible. I just assumed picture problem=tuner fault. Guess that's not always the case.

cheers

sagheer_ahmed
01-02-11, 07:36
If this glitching on FTA channels also ? Walter