PDA

View Full Version : Do Controls fail - Duo 2 Remote Control??

thisntaht
22-09-15, 19:05
Hi Guys,

Just wondering do remote controls fade and get progressively worst over time?
I have VU+ Duo2 and the remote seems to have gotten worst over the months, As in you could press any button 6 or 7 times before there is any response and even when you get a response it is a delayed response. Yes I have checked and changed the batteries on numerous occasions and I'm definitely pointing it at the box as the light on the box lights to show the control has been pressed but no response until you press it a good few times, I'm running the latest VIX image 3.2 but it also was happening on Apollo and Hades. The control has fallen off the coffee table a few times but noting too bad so just wondering is it common for these remote controls to fade over time? I have it about 3 years now? Anyone else experience this with their remote for a VU+ Duo2?
Thanks

johnnym
22-09-15, 19:34
It just not a good remote i had the same problem and ordered a new one but its the same, sometimes i think that it works better with some up grade but yes its not a good remote on the duo2

thisntaht
22-09-15, 19:45
It just not a good remote i had the same problem and ordered a new one but its the same, sometimes i think that it works better with some up grade but yes its not a good remote on the duo2

I wonder are there any good alternative remotes out there for a Duo2 that are reliable and not overly priced?

nsw9154
22-09-15, 20:03
i had the same problem with my Duo2 remote so i bought a Solo2 remote and it works perfect after setting the remote control code to 3

thisntaht
22-09-15, 20:08
i had the same problem with my Duo2 remote so i bought a Solo2 remote and it works perfect after setting the remote control code to 3

You couldn't forward a link to a picture of the one you got, Much appreciated :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
23-09-15, 09:02
Well I hated the unresponsiveness of the solo2 remote so replaced it with the duo2 remote and never had any probs.

city
24-09-15, 21:32
I would also like to know the best alternative remote for the Duo 2 as mine has become unresponsive and needs to be pressed really hard to work?

tappari
25-09-15, 04:23
One way to test Duo2 remote is to turn Samsung TV off and try again.

Rob van der Does
25-09-15, 05:10
IR remote controlling often suffers from interference. That can be caused by any TV, energy saving light bulb, sun and more.
In case of any problems it's best to exclude any possible interference first (turn off TV, any lights etc). If that does improve the situation, one can try to change the relative position of devices.

To give just one example: my telly hangs on the wall and can be moved (left/right/front/back). In certain positions it's virtually impossible to control any device via an IR-RC. Slightly changing the position of the TV fixes the issue.

In case of a VU: one can use an other RC-code to see if that improves the situation.
In case of an Xtrend: one can set the box to use an other RC (and if one has a Harmony it'll be easy to test).

tappari
25-09-15, 10:11
One sad case is Samsung -tv/Duo2 owner who was happy for many years. Until he bought white leather sofa. That caused reflections to make Duo2 ir-receiver amplifiers automatic gain control to react.:confused:

Rob van der Does
25-09-15, 10:13
Ah, so you're going to buy a black sofa now :)

tappari
25-09-15, 10:28
It wasn`t me. My tv is Sony. It has not so much ir-leakage. I guess this guy covers his sofa with blanket.

city
25-09-15, 18:22
In my case the centre button requires the force of hercules to operate the remote. The issue is not caused by any interference as when a button is pressed successfully the red led illuminates. Does any one recommend an alternative remote for the Duo 2 ?

Rob van der Does
25-09-15, 18:56
See my footer.