PDA

View Full Version : etc folder

jd58
20-12-10, 20:22
Hi I have an etc folder which should in the var folder but it is not? I keep adding an etc folder to the Var folder to add my CCcam.cfg file thus i end up with two. This is to make the cfg file work. However, next day or later the same day after saving setting and switiching off and then on the new etc folder has disappeared along with my CCcam file and its has been switched to the other etc folder in the main root directory causing it not work to clear channels. The cfg file has to be in var/etc to work? any ideas please?

DrProzac
20-12-10, 20:26
(I Presume your using ViX 1.3??)

It will be symlinked to the /var/etc folder.
SO it will work fine in /etc

If you look at the /var directory listing you will have an entry something like

etc -> /etc

So if you do a cd to /var/etc you will end up in /etc
yout cfg file will go in here and all will work!
Hope this helps.

Larry-G
20-12-10, 20:28
thats because your using a E2 = enigma 2 based receiver and trying to use E1 = enigma 1 settings.

E2 boxes dont have the etc folder within the var folder.
ftp the CCcam.cfg file in the
/etc folder and not in
/var/etc as you are trying.

jd58
20-12-10, 23:18
NO CS or PAYSERVER talk please read the rules

westentertainer
21-12-10, 00:35
NO CS or PAYSERVER talk please read the rules
where does it mention in any of the posts CS /PAYSERVER i thought you need CCcam.cfg to read a sly card.

silverfox0786
21-12-10, 01:04
where does it mention in any of the posts CS /PAYSERVER i thought you need CCcam.cfg to read a sly card.

i have deleted the post thats why it does not say it any more

Larry-G
21-12-10, 01:32

no disrespect intended ( and i aint flaming any one either ) if you read the post that your commenting on you would see this at the bottom of it

Last edited by silverfox0786; Yesterday at 10:22 PM. Reason: Read the rules
that basically means that a moderator has seen fit to moderate the post. which also means leave alone.

westentertainer
21-12-10, 12:49
sorry did not see that ,or can i see it now.

westentertainer
21-12-10, 12:56
oh yes i can see it now my apologies merry xmas to you all