PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Vuu zero power down

beck
19-09-15, 18:38
Hi I recently bought a vu zero from the sponsors and its a great little box
I'm just after a bit of advise on what's the best way to turn the box off over night
Will it be OK to leave in standbye or in deep standbye or would it be best to switch of by the plug every night is just that when in standby the little wite light stays lit and stills feel a little warm first thing in the morning I don't want to over heat the box cheers

Andy_Hazza
19-09-15, 19:17
Just leave it in standby mode mate, and if you have got scheduled daily scans for your ABM n CrossEPG will do them in standby modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simono5
19-09-15, 19:34
You can turn the light off when you switch it off/standby. It did my head in with the light on all the time....never knew if the box was on or off.

mann
19-09-15, 19:57
You can turn the light off when you switch it off/standby. It did my head in with the light on all the time....never knew if the box was on or off.

Hi light can not be turned off while powered on..If it really bugs you cover it with black tape or the like being careful not to also cover IR pickup.

john doe
19-09-15, 20:09
go into setting and in to display setting, change brightness down or up

Larry-G
20-09-15, 10:02
These boxes are pretty much built to be left running permanently. My Ultimo has been running for over three years ( as has my solo2 for almost two year ) and rarely if ever gets powered down, at night it is just put into standby to allow for EPG and channel updates to take place in the early hours. other than that it gets the odd GUI restart if a new plugin is added or I think it's feeling a little sluggish (which is almost never).

All I would say is make sure the Zero is situated with a good airflow around it for cooling purposes because it has no internal cooling fan and standby it pretty much still running at full pelt, albeit with the tv and audio feeds cut.

ronand
20-09-15, 10:18
I usually put my Solo2 into deep standby at night. I have a power timer set to wake the box up at 7 am before it updates the epg. Then its ready for use for the day.

beck
20-09-15, 11:11
Thanks to you all for replys you all stars as usual :thumbsup:thumbsup:
Thing that was a bit concerned about was the fact the zero has no fan and was worryed it mite over heat but from all your advise it should be OK in standby, I was thinking on gettetin one of them fans that the box can sit on top any suggestions witch one would be a good one ??