PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Can't see the NAS even though it all looks good in the Network Mounts Setup

eeza
18-09-15, 20:54
I can create a Mount (Just like I do with a Raspberry Pi, I can see the mount in my mount management screen with the Green Light)

It also shows in the Network browser, however when I go into my recording and choose the mount location after first pressing the Yellow button for locations I get an error message that shows a file path that I have not set-up ? (media/autofs/NAS does not exist etc....)

I had have added the Volume_1/Media file path as the share...

This could be a D-link 320 L problem or an Ultimo issue I am not 100% sure. Has anyone got one of these 320L NAS drives ?

I guess they are £39 for a good reason as IMHO the Software is a Nightmare, Raspberry Pi works fine so It has to be authority's ?

My Mounts Editor looks like this :

Mount Using AUTOFS
Active Yes
Local Share Name NAS
Mount Type CIFS
Server IP 192.168. You know the rest (IP of NAS)
Server Share volume_1/
Use as HDD Replacement NO
Mount Options rw,utf8
User Admin
Password Password of the Router

No Joy just now :(

The NAS is upnp active and my Humax PVR saw it straight away, I have taken off the users are shared the drives to everyone without Joy

abu baniaz
18-09-15, 21:03
try this .

I changed my mount options from "rw,iocharset=utf8" to "rw,sec=ntlm" and everything works for me with this option. It changes the security mode back to the old protocol, which my NAS drive uses, and was the default in the older kernels.

eeza
18-09-15, 21:20
Many thanks for the Super Fast response Abu, Sadly it did'nt work for me I have typed in the field rw,sec=ntlm

I have just deleted all the mounts created a new one calling it Dlink so there was no chance of any silliness going on, It still shows Green in the Mounts manager but i get the same message this time with the suffix /Dlink instead of NAS

abu baniaz
18-09-15, 21:36
This is the original thread if it helps.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42248-bug-mounting-CIFS-share&p=327540&viewfull=1#post327540

eeza
15-10-15, 20:05
Well I finally got it to work and it looks like 'one' of those that will never have an answer :D I started from scratch with V9 of the software as you need to do a USB install. I re-made all my mounts manually and hey presto it works..

For Information my NAS is a Dlink 320L Sharecentre and my mount details look like this :

Mount Using AUTOFS
Active Yes
Local Share Name DLINK
Mount Type CIFS
Server IP 192.168. You know the rest (IP of NAS)
Server Share volume_1/media/movies/
Use as HDD Replacement NO
Mount Options rw,utf8
User NAS
Password Password of the user NAS

I tried all combinations of the path and literally pulled my hair out but reloading and starting from scratch did it :):):)

Thanks for all the help