PDA

View Full Version : [XP1000] Vix updates

stuartygr
16-09-15, 08:43
Good morning fellow users,

I am new to this awesome site and was refered when i got my Zgemma S2 Sat box to help and guide me in the right direction. I have good knowledge in the setup and have been given a usb with firmware to flash.

My question is....I currently have OpenVix v3.1 with the Hades build dated 18th june 2015 and i was informed that new channels have been added to Sky i.e BT Sports Extra 1 - 6 and require a new flash but this is where i need some of your guidance if yous can.

When i goto openvix website i am prompted with various options of flash installs for my MaxDigital XP1000

1. Apollo - openvix-Apollo.166-xp1000max_usb.zip
2. Hades - openvix-Hades.018.release-xp1000max_usb.zip
3. New Build - openvix-3.2.005.release-xp1000max_usb.zip

Now i know i have a Hades build on my system but can anyone please explain what each of these builds are for? are they specific in any way?

I am somewhat looking at the openvix-3.2.005.release-xp1000max_usb.zip to flash but one of my friends has said to install the Apollo for the BT Sports Extra?

Thanks in advance

Stuartygr :)

twol
16-09-15, 09:00
The channels available on a receiver are totally separate from the image..... what channels you watch is based purely on the satellites you access, and the paid cards that you have to watch pay channels such as Sky and BT.
The image builds are based on changes by for example the ViX team to their Enigma system and changes made the to the "common" core used by all members of the OE alliance.
There has been a significant change to both parts of the image moving from Apollo to the current 3.2 images. As you will have noticed (?) Zgemma is not supported by ViX.

Willmoore
16-09-15, 09:01
removed......

stuartygr
16-09-15, 09:10
Have i posted something that violates the rules of this forum...if i have then please accept my appologies...willmoore

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Willmoore
16-09-15, 09:18
No mate, I removed my comment as Twol posted at the same time and gave better advice.

saifisma
16-09-15, 09:20
Have i posted something that violates the rules of this forum...if i have then please accept my appologies...willmoore

They dont support zgemma box.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

saifisma
16-09-15, 09:23
They dont support zgemma box.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
16-09-15, 09:50
Surely those last 2 comments need removing, the guy is giving advice on where to get modified images for cloned hardware...

stuartygr
16-09-15, 10:14
Thanks DaMacFunkin but any advice is welcome and i know i have a clone box but i have got the advice i needed and guided to where i can get my image update but it seems to have dissapeared lol...well at least i got to read and complete it cause it looks like it was brilliant advice. Thanks

judge
16-09-15, 10:20
Thread closed.
You don't have a ViX image & as you seem to know the forum rules, you also know we don't provide any support for any clones.