PDA

View Full Version : DTS and DTS-HD issues

mogli
15-09-15, 16:49
Hi there

I recently played some ts/mkv files on my nut@nt and had some issues with DTS and DTS-HD audio when playing it caused the video o be very choppy and there was no sound, could there be some issues with DTS, only way for me to correct this was by remixing and converting the DTS audio to AC3 although I'm sure the mut@nt can play files with DTS, I have tried at least 5 ts/mkv files and all with DTS make the video choppy and cannot play. I am on 3.2 005 any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

rossi2000
15-09-15, 17:45
ive had the same issue with remuxes from blurays

dts-hd wont work (as in passthrough to amp) but it should play (passthrough) the standard dts core track.

atm i dont know if its the audio or the video causing the choppy video, as plenty other bluray remuxes play fine with dts.

mogli
27-09-15, 15:31
When I remux file and convert the DTS to AC3/AAC the problem is no longer an issue, quite weird, I have put it down to maybe the amount of channels in the audio, not to sure though

DaMacFunkin
27-09-15, 18:34
Probably a driver prob, I'm sure that solo2 and duo2 used to have this problem but VU+ amazingly fixed it and now they do pass DTS core out.