PDA

View Full Version : Change boot logo

empardopo
13-09-15, 16:35
Hi, I have a Vu+ Solo SE V2 with the last release of OpenVix.
Is it possible to change the boot logo?

Thanks in advance.

sataday
13-09-15, 17:17
Yes. Go into menu/plugins/green button/bootlogos. Choose one. Then restart GUI.

gear259
13-09-15, 17:39
New boot logo with latest image is much nicer than the horrible hades version

birdman
14-09-15, 03:01
Yes. Go into menu/plugins/green button/bootlogos. Choose one. Then restart GUI.Or, if you want your own logo, drop a bootlogo.mvi and/or backdrop.mvi into /etc/enimga2.

bootlogo.mvi is the one which comes first (usually says "Loading Please wait") and backdrop.mvi then replaces it (and is usually the same image, but without the text).

empardopo
16-09-15, 09:17
Or, if you want your own logo, drop a bootlogo.mvi and/or backdrop.mvi into /etc/enimga2.

bootlogo.mvi is the one which comes first (usually says "Loading Please wait") and backdrop.mvi then replaces it (and is usually the same image, but without the text).

What program I must use to see the mvi files and convert to this format? I would like to put my own design!
Thanks in advance.

birdman
16-09-15, 18:06
What program I must use to see the mvi files and convert to this format? I would like to put my own design!
Thanks in advance.Since I use Linux I use avconv. I found this from:

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/21033-create-file-in-mvi-format-for-boot-logo/ which uses ffmpeg (avconv is a follow-on from that).
NOTE that you do have to create it as a *.m1v file, then rename it to *.mvi.

If you have an MS Windows system you could try this:
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_8384962_convert-jpeg-mvi.html

From what I can gather this file type is actual a movie format (rather than an image one) but has no audio capability.

[I also have in mind that the displayer is supposed to stop on the last frame and continue to display it. I have no idea whether any of the OpenVix hardware can actually handle this (I seem to recall trying it on my MB Twin and it failing) rather than just having a single frame - it's quite possible that this was just made up in my mind.]

Larry-G
16-09-15, 18:10
every thing you need can be found here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37146-Create-your-own-bootlogo-packs-with-a-chance-of-them-being-added-to-the-ViX-feeds

if your using windows use the dream logo generator it's dead easy to use.

Andy_Hazza
17-09-15, 11:15
Hi peeps,

How do I open an existing mvi file so I can take a look at it please?

Ta

birdman
17-09-15, 14:21
If you want to see what it looks like on your actual box+TV combination, login to it and run:
/usr/bin/showiframe {pathname-of-your-mvi-file}
To get rid of it again, change the channel.

Andy_Hazza
17-09-15, 15:30
If you want to see what it looks like on your actual box+TV combination, login to it and run:
/usr/bin/showiframe {pathname-of-your-mvi-file}
To get rid of it again, change the channel.

Hi @birdman,
I have a bootlogo I like, but want to modify the picture slightly. Basically remove some text from the bottom right hand side, but can't open the mvi to do this?
Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
17-09-15, 18:39
Hi @birdman,
I have a bootlogo I like, but want to modify the picture slightly. Basically remove some text from the bottom right hand side, but can't open the mvi to do this?Remember - a *.mvi file is actually a movie file, not an image. So the first ting you'd need to do is extract the image (the last - probably the only - frame). Then you would need to use an image editing tool to modify the image. The "text" is not text that can be removed as text - it's just pixels in an image that looks like characters.

bootlogos often come in pairs - a bootlogo.mvi file that contains the text and a backdrop.mvi file which doesn't (and gets displayed later in the boot process). Is there a backdrop version of the image you like?

Andy_Hazza
17-09-15, 18:42
Remember - a *.mvi file is actually a movie file, not an image. So the first ting you'd need to do is extract the image (the last - probably the only - frame). Then you would need to use an image editing tool to modify the image. The "text" is not text that can be removed as text - it's just pixels in an image that looks like characters.

bootlogos often come in pairs - a bootlogo.mvi file that contains the text and a backdrop.mvi file which doesn't (and gets displayed later in the boot process). Is there a backdrop version of the image you like?

Yeah I fully understand that, but how do I extract the images?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
18-09-15, 01:08
Yeah I fully understand that, but how do I extract the images?On Linux I'd use avconv, or Imagemagick's convert:
convert {input-mvi-filename} convert-output.jpg

ln -s {input-mvi-filename} {input-m1v-filename}
avconv {input-m1v-filename} avconv-output.jpg You can get ImageMagick for MS Windows.

judge
18-09-15, 01:19
New boot logo with latest image is much nicer than the horrible hades version
Highly offensive to boot-logo creators. Option to easily change boot-logos also in the plug-in feeds.