PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt HD2400 remote control issues

bazzawhite
13-09-15, 13:14
Hi all,

First post on the forum. I bought the above mentioned box and so far loving it. The remote that came with the box was charged and worked fine for a while until I needed to charge. I went to put in the micro USB cable into the slot and the connector which fits the cable end caved in. I'm very careful with my things and this is the first time I've seen a micro USB port fall away into the device like that. It seems the glue holding it in place must have given away.

I'm now stuck because I have a remote, perfectly functional but cannot charge. I'm not sure what I can do.

Can I use the normal Sky HD controller by any chance with this? I see that replacement remote is £20 which is steep.

Any suggestions would be great. Having spent a good chunk of money on this box I'm disappointed that this has happened. The port shouldn't fall away that way in my opinion.

xhemp
13-09-15, 13:24
Hi all,

First post on the forum. I bought the above mentioned box and so far loving it. The remote that came with the box was charged and worked fine for a while until I needed to charge. I went to put in the micro USB cable into the slot and the connector which fits the cable end caved in. I'm very careful with my things and this is the first time I've seen a micro USB port fall away into the device like that. It seems the glue holding it in place must have given away.

I'm now stuck because I have a remote, perfectly functional but cannot charge. I'm not sure what I can do.

Can I use the normal Sky HD controller by any chance with this? I see that replacement remote is £20 which is steep.

Any suggestions would be great. Having spent a good chunk of money on this box I'm disappointed that this has happened. The port shouldn't fall away that way in my opinion.

I don't think you can use the sky remote with the mut@nt.
Have you tried to speak to world of satellite? My understanding is that would fall under warranty.

bazzawhite
13-09-15, 13:27
I don't think you can use the sky remote with the mut@nt.
Have you tried to speak to world of satellite? My understanding is that would fall under warranty.
I've emailed Stef. No reply yet, hopefully he can help me. It's very odd what happened but am more than happy to send it back to WOS to have a look.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk