PDA

View Full Version : gigablue which box to get , should i buy or no ?? iv sent my zgemma box back !!

webz1984
11-09-15, 17:11
hi people can anyone enlighten me on the gigablue box what one to get ?? iv just had the zgemma star 2s which iv had to send that crap back kept crashing

john doe
11-09-15, 19:15
theres a number of boxes to buy, suited to everyone's budget. ir depends what you wanting to do with it.

richardinspain
12-09-15, 11:23
I have the Gigablue Quad (not+), had it for a couple of years, i'm more than happy with it, very stable

webz1984
13-09-15, 11:39
thanks for the reply guys , well iv been looking at the GiGaBlue HD Ultra UE Linux Enigma 2 HD PVR Satellite Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 ,
I'm new to this so don't get 2nd DVB-S/S2 or DVB-C/T/T2 Hybrid tuner whats the difference between tuners ?
iv got 2 feeds coming in from the dish ... i just wanna watch and record and for it to be stable , had a complete nightmare with that zgemma star 2s so had to send that back get a refund

Sicilian
13-09-15, 13:30
S2 tuner is for satellite, DVB-C/T/T2 tuners are for cable/terrestrial.

webz1984
13-09-15, 16:08
oh i see thanks Sicilian , which would be the better box to get then , i want to be able to record another channel so would need 2 x s2 tuners ? is that right ??

twol
13-09-15, 16:56
Not wishing to be a nono, but just hope their support is now better .........previously I was tired of the aggro on the posts:)

richardinspain
14-09-15, 20:11
oh i see thanks Sicilian , which would be the better box to get then , i want to be able to record another channel so would need 2 x s2 tuners ? is that right ??

Yes you would need 2 satellite tuners, for watching and recording 2 channels on different transponders
When i bought my quad it came with 2 sat tuners and i ordered a dvbt tuner for use with an aerial

Sicilian
14-09-15, 20:37
Not wishing to be a nono, but just hope their support is now better .........previously I was tired of the aggro on the posts:)

Been testing recent drivers / images, imo GB have finally got it right.

tiggerbiker
15-09-15, 08:34
i was so happy with my quad that when i wanted a box for upstairs, instead of getting a low end box i ended up getting a quad+ for the main box and put my quad upstairs.

as has been said, i feel that they have sorted the niggles and they are now a very, very good system.