PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] USB in ext file system

ptoni
09-09-15, 20:07
I want to convert back my USB stick from ext file system to fat32. When I insert USB into PC, it is not recognised.

How do I convert USB back to FAT 32?

lemi
09-09-15, 20:22
I want to convert back my USB stick from ext file system to fat32. When I insert USB into PC, it is not recognised.

How do I convert USB back to FAT 32?What size is your USB drive and what OS?

ArowonA
09-09-15, 20:25
It really depends on the operating system, I'll give you instructions for Windows 10/8 but you won't be able to save the data on the memory stick, if you need to, you will need to use a linux system to copy it off first.
Right click the Windows flag in the bottom left (Windows 7 click Start and right click 'Computer') click 'Computer Management' (Windows 7 - Click Manage)
In Storage click Disk Management, You will see your memory stick, listed as Disk # , for example mine says Disk 1, You need to make a note of this, it's very important you get it right :). Right click the Windows Flag again and click Command Prompt (admin) (windows 7 Click Start / All programs/ Right click 'command prompt' and choose 'Run as administrator') then type (change the disk number for the one you made a note of earlier, if you get this wrong you could wipe the wrong disk)

Diskpart
Select disk 1
clean
create part prim
select part 1
ass
format fs=fat32 quick
exit
exit

There is also a HP format tool, listed on this forum somewhere which may be safer :)

ptoni
09-09-15, 20:29
What size is your USB drive and what OS?

8GB and using windows 7

lemi
09-09-15, 20:41
Like ArowonA said,it's safe to try with HP tool....
What's wrong? does it work OK in your STB?Have you tried to initialize using Device Manager?

ptoni
09-09-15, 20:47
is there a link to download HP tool.

USB does not retain EPG data in file ext system

lemi
09-09-15, 21:03
If you use Cross EPG try Rytec XMLTV....
Here is link for HP tool

http://hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.en.softonic.com/#

birdman
10-09-15, 01:21
USB does not retain EPG data in file ext systemA file is just a file. It shouldn't care what type of file-system it is on.
Perhaps something else is wrong?