PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Stop EPG returning to current time/day after setting auto timer?

ashhinton
09-09-15, 14:28
While I remember theres something I've been meaning to ask.

Is there a way to stop the EPG returning to the current time/day after setting an auto timer?
Ideally I'd like the EPG to remain at the time/day of the just-entered auto timer so if there is something else to record on that same day its a little easier.

Not a major one but I did a quick online & forum search and had a brief tour through the menus but couldn't see anything (in 0.18 Hades or the latest 3.2)

Apologies if this has been asked before and I've not spotted it, or I've already asked! - its been at the back of my mind for a while.

Thanks,

Ashley

leshay
09-09-15, 15:26
Hi
I find that most annoying too. I also find annoying the system wanting (and sometimes succeeding) to go back to stand by from 'a timer wants to go to deep stand by' despite the fact I have been interacting with the system just prior to the popup.

LbCwby
09-09-15, 18:30
There is one way to avoid this, go to the day/period you want to record, using the "6" button on the remote, instead of the "+" button.
Yes, you will need to press more often, but this works.

And yes, if this can be solved so that, also when using the "+" button, it stays where it is after having set a timer or autotimer I also would be very happy.

birdman
10-09-15, 01:26
While I remember theres something I've been meaning to ask.

Is there a way to stop the EPG returning to the current time/day after setting an auto timer?
This was asked a few weeks back, and the answer then was that the issue was caused by the EPG being "replaced" by the timer setting screen, and so there was no record of where it had been (so nothing to go back to).

However, the stated difference between using "6" and "+" (+channel?) would imply that there is more too this.

EDIT
The original (short) thread is:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45944-EPG-behaviour-after-setting-Timer