PDA

View Full Version : recording problem.

sut
08-09-15, 21:45
hi guys,

i have an issue. i recorded a prog earlier on bbc1 hd, now when i come to play it back the prog keeps freezing and jumping and i also have the loss of sound at times, if i pause the recording for a few minutes and then play it will play better for a minute or so but then screw up again.

has no one come across this or do you know why its happening and how to fix it,

thanks

nsw9154
09-09-15, 06:29
it would help if you told us what version of Vix you are using and also what size hard drive, is it a 2.5" or a 3.5" as that can make a difference as most 3.5" hard drives spin at 7,000+ rpm but it is better to use a 5,000 rpm hard drive in a PVR - but it is also possible that your hard drive is faulty if it is failing when you play a recording

sut
09-09-15, 16:05
sorry i have no answers to either of the questions you asked,

the system was purchased direct from world of satellite and it was supposed to come with the latest version of vix and they installed the hdd so i am unable to answer them questions.

ArowonA
09-09-15, 17:02
You won't have any problems using a 7200 rpm drive or a 5400 rpm, I think the only real difference is the noise and power consumption. (I could be wrong though :) )
Does the box play alright when you are watching live? is there a chance that during the recording you may have had a problem with the signal?

sut
09-09-15, 18:33
i am having no signal problems and when i am watching the tv live everything is fine.