PDA

View Full Version : Golden LX2 problem.

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 16:25
Guys,

thanks in advance for any help. I am new to this and have recently purchased the above box. Setup was fine and relatively straight forward to a newbie and got it going no problem. The problem arises when I want to use HDD for recording. Currently I am running CCcam with no issue and have one c-line installed on cfg. When I activate HDD, which is recognised and installed, the program is recorded and all is fine. The problem is when I change the channel during recording. The recording channel works fine and I can watch what I am recording but when I move to another channel the picture goes (unless FTA). I currently have two cables connected to the box from triple LNB dish and when checking signal strength in sat options they are both very strong. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong. Do I need another line? I have Tuner A set up as preferred and Tuner B set up for record. I have tried swapping to no avail. It is killing my missus who is not getting to record all her CSI and whatever else rubbish she watches lol.
For info when I press ok on any channel it tells me it is connected on Tuner A (as per preferred) when I record it flashes red. When I change channel it changes to tuner AB. (A is in red) but no picture......

Any help much appreciated. For clarity it is the golden interstar xspeed lx2 HD which I own.

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 19:17
Guys just as an update. Been playing around with this and still none the wiser. On the tuner options both are set to simple. Single.astra. No disecq send.
When I set B to "not configured" A works no problem. When I switch them and turn A off and put B to above settings then there is no picture. So looks to me like b not getting channels even though everything says it should. Does anybody have their presets they could advise me on. Can imagine its a dvb receiver hardware issue

Stanman
08-09-15, 19:19
Go into sat finder and see if there is signal in B

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 19:21
Did that and signal is equally as strong as tuner A

Stanman
08-09-15, 19:23
When both set as single simple

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 19:32
Yes mate both configured to simple, mode single, satellite 28-2e etc. only difference I can see is tuner A is DVB-S2 internal, tuner B is DVB -S2 NIM. Not sure what difference is. Sat Finder signal info below
Tuner A SNR = 80% AGC 95%
Tuner B SNR = 93% AGC 99%
Both NLB cables are 1 connected to tuner A input (only 1) 1connected to tuner B in. There is a tuner B out

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 19:33
Sorry meant LNB

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 19:39
Actually looking at it the FTA channels work but not any other ones.

Starrypotter
08-09-15, 19:41
When recording I mean. I can record a non FTA aNd view any FTA. But cannot watch a non FTA when recording anything else

Starrypotter
09-09-15, 16:01
Can anybody help im at my wits end with this with no help from anybody?

Willmoore
09-09-15, 16:22
Although I can not help you, I am sure there are those on here that can but will not due to mentioning cline being installed and is against forum rules. I am surprised the mods have not closed this thread. I would re-read the rules - start a new thread and word it carefully.
Cheers

abu baniaz
09-09-15, 16:32
C-line talk not allowed. Thread closed.