PDA

View Full Version : Non HD Channel list

imran4u1
08-09-15, 10:51
Hi,

New to this forum, hope you guys can help.

I like the skin I have at the moment but would like to know if there is a way to have the channel list as the sd version and not hd, example 401 normally is sky sports news hq for me but my list has sky sports news hd.

Hope you understand what I mean and can help, hope it is okay to ask about this.

Thank You

Andy_Hazza
08-09-15, 15:07
If using ABM, use the "Custom Region" in providers and you will get the setup you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imran4u1
08-09-15, 16:33
Thank for you response Andy

Sorry have no idea what your talking about, new to this game.
I have a xtrend et9500 openvix, what other information will you need if you are able to help me further?

abu baniaz
08-09-15, 16:55
See this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47834-ABM-How-to-exclude-unavailable-HD-channels

May be worth you reading the Vix manual too
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Guides%20and%20Tutorials***/

Although not up to date, section 3.32 has details of AutoBouquetsMaker

imran4u1
08-09-15, 22:45
Thanks Abu u legend

I seem to lost setanda sports now. All I did is change ABM to London SD which has given me the numbering as I want it, any ideas how to get it back?

abu baniaz
08-09-15, 22:55
It's already been mentioned that you should use the region with ending "Custom". You have used SD.

You also need to change ABM to expert and enable "not indexed"

maxben
09-09-15, 15:23
Ok, I'm trying this way, Have set everything up as above as custom and other referenced threads but I still get the HD versions of ITV2, 3 and 4.

What am I doing incorrectly ?

abu baniaz
09-09-15, 15:27
Ok, I'm trying this way, Have set everything up as above as custom and other referenced threads but I still get the HD versions of ITV2, 3 and 4.

What am I doing incorrectly ?
Those channels are viewable on 3rd party receivers.

abu baniaz
09-09-15, 15:29
Thread has been moved to the ABM section.

maxben
09-09-15, 15:36
Those channels are viewable on 3rd party receivers.

Ah, Of course, understood :)

Thanks

imran4u1
09-09-15, 22:09
Thanks Abu

Is there a way I can block adult channels, so basically don't mind it being there just don't want them to work, or if possible remove them?

abu baniaz
09-09-15, 22:19
Best to enable parental controls as well.

E channllizer program on PC will allow you to easily blacklist programs in your bouquet. You will then be prompted for pin to open them.

You can hide the bouquets using ABM. (Hide sections.)

You can add the chanenl to the blacklist section of provider file. ABM will completely ignore them. But if the chanenls are on same transponder as another channel you are watching, they will be scanned in the background.

imran4u1
10-09-15, 01:16
I will try that, thanks

Have 2 more questions

1)When recording, the option 'recording type' what does each one mean, they are;
Normal
Descramble and record ecm
Don't descramble, record ecm
Am I right thinking this is talking about when it freezes or something?
Which is the best open, the description at the bottom where it explaines it is cut off so can't read it.

2)Is there a way to press 401 and it changes to that channel right away like normal remote would rather than having to press 'ok' or wait couple seconds?

imran4u1
10-09-15, 01:17
*which is the best option
(Typo in 1st question)

Andy_Hazza
10-09-15, 07:57
No biggie typing 401 n pressing ok is it?.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imran4u1
10-09-15, 10:03
No biggie, however just would like it to replicate sky remote as it's what your use to, plus it is faster!

DaMacFunkin
10-09-15, 10:38
You can't offline decode on encrypted systems used by UK tv providers so it is best to select normal, although descramble and record ecm shouldn't cause any problems either.

imran4u1
10-09-15, 13:04
Thanks DaMacFunkin

So no other way of making remote change channels straight away and just have get use to pressing ok?

abu baniaz
10-09-15, 15:49
I am going to close this thread. You are asking several questions that are not related to the thread title. Whole idea is someone can search and find answers easily.

You do not have to press OK for channel to change. There is a time delay before channel zaps.