PDA

View Full Version : 19.2 on a sky dish

ArowonA
07-09-15, 23:26
Hi,

I've been reading various things and was looking at ways to get Spanish TV on my satellite box, from what I understand (other than iptv) I need to point my dish at 19.2, but I thought I would play and set one of the tuners to 19.2 and I get a signal, I get 82% SNR and if I do a scan I get 500 odd channels, but no Spanish.. When using the 'signal finder' app if I move up the transponders, I get a lock until 10847 V 22000 and then nothing, Is this my problem? I thought if you could see a satellite you would get all the channels, am I being stupid? what is my best option to be able to receive Spanish channels in the UK?

judge
07-09-15, 23:55
A second LNB. Not always easy on a SKY UK dish. Presume you have one LNB focused at 28.2 now?

ArowonA
07-09-15, 23:59
I do yes, I've seen some pictures where people tape another lnb on, I was hoping I could get both with out doing anything :)

electrocop
08-09-15, 00:05
I have my sky minidish pointed at 28.2 with an additional LNB offset to the right (looking from the front) and get brilliant reception of 19.2 (I only use it for FTA German channels). You would be able to get the Spanish channels using that method but you would need a subscription for the package you want as i believe all the Spanish channels are scrambled.

You can get a universal twin LNB bracket that is adjustable and will fit any dish - have a look on ebay. I bought mine for around £4.50 plus £2.99 for a second LNB.