PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a decent external HDD for VU Solo

onebeat
07-09-15, 13:32
Hi everyone.

I have been struggling for a little while now with trying to find a suitable mains powered external hard drive to mount to my VU Solo box.
It seems everywhere I look I either get a load of plug adaptors or normal USB powered hard drives, which I know don't work on the Solo.

Can anyone point me in the direction online to a decent enough mains powered hard drive for my VU Solo? I'm going cross-eyed looking.
It doesn't have to be a large capacity drive, 250 or 500 GB would be more than sufficient. I just don't want to spend through the nose for one.

Any help with this is MEGA appreciated in return.
Thanks in advance.

Andy_Hazza
07-09-15, 13:50
What about a usb flash drive. Then do them in 128GB, 256GB and even 512GB sizes. Worth a look. They sell em on eBay and reasonable priced too. I would go with that option as apposed to a powered external HDD I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebeat
07-09-15, 13:55
They don't work, sadly. It is another one I've tried before now and in a fair few different size capacities too. I have also tried an external portable HDD too with no success.
Having read up on the box and the use of hard drives, it seems the only way to get a storage device to work is by using a mains powered external HDD. However, my attempts at trying to find one has left me scratching my head. Seems nobody sells or makes them any more, unless someone out there can point me in the direction of some decent cheap ones????

onebeat
08-09-15, 08:55
Anyone?? :'(

casuk
08-09-15, 09:00
Just buy a hdd and a powered caddy that's what I used on the solo

bazovcarlisle
08-09-15, 09:03
Dabs outlet have a toshiba usb powered 500gb external on eBay for £30 delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
08-09-15, 09:22
Caddy with power supply, not that hard to find down your local PC shop.

fast65
08-09-15, 10:07
I use an Iomega without problem. Didn't buy specifically for Solo 2. Just happened to have it lying unused

regards