PDA

View Full Version : How to stream to remote box ?

afterburn
06-09-15, 22:13
As the title suggests any tutorials for achieving this. basically I want to be able to watch tv upstairs.I have a vu+solo2 downstairs. If i were to get a zero for upstairs can I watch tv without wiring?

Stanman
06-09-15, 23:12
You can use a free tuner on the downstairs box to watch upstairs as well as the recording will need network cable

simono5
06-09-15, 23:28
I think remote channel stream converter plugin is what you need.

sparky119
06-09-15, 23:53
wot about a video sender

TK4|2|1
07-09-15, 06:11
wot about a video sender

What about it?
Steer clear, load of rubbish. As said Remote channel stream converter is the way forward.

DaMacFunkin
07-09-15, 12:01
Don't need network cable if wireless...

afterburn
07-09-15, 19:01
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm still not sure how to achieve this though. Do I install the "remote channel stream converter plugin" on the box downstairs or on both receivers? Are those modulators really bad?

afterburn
07-09-15, 19:09
I found this tutorial on the web from a few years back. Is this still the procedure?

First FTP the plugin to the /tmp folder

Then install via the vix menu on the box

To create your new bouquet on the client box, select 'menu' > 'setup' > 'service searching' > remote channel stream converter

Then fill in the required fields such as server box IP etc and make sure all the bouquets on this screen have a green check mark beside them and select download and then ok and you bouquets will be generated on the client box

Now press TV on your remote and you will see a new list of bouquets beginning with the prefix: 'remote_'

So for example if you have a bouquet called 'movies' on your server box, your newly generated bouquet on your client box will be called 'remote_movies'

:confused:

DaMacFunkin
07-09-15, 19:16
No just download remote stream plug in directly from feeds on the slave box, you will then find it in the service searching menu, launch it and it will ask you for the IP address of the master box, enter this... So long as you havnt changed any default FTP settings it will now load the bouquet lists from the master box and ask you to select which bouquet you want to load on the stream, you will probably want the full bouquet but if it was for a kids room you could create a custom bouquet on the master box... Anyway the bouquet list will then download onto the slave box, exit all menus, press down arrow and your new bouquet will be there on your slave box for you to tune to, then it just works like any normal bouquet.

afterburn
07-09-15, 19:20
No just download remote stream plug in directly from feeds on the slave box, you will then find it in the service searching menu, launch it and it will ask you for the IP address of the master box, enter this... So long as you havnt changed any default FTP settings it will now load the bouquet lists from the master box and ask you to select which bouquet you want to load on the stream, you will probably want the full bouquet but if it was for a kids room you could create a custom bouquet on the master box... Anyway the bouquet list will then download onto the slave box, exit all menus, press down arrow and your new bouquet will be there on your slave box for you to tune to, then it just works like any normal bouquet.

Great stuff. That seems pretty straight forward. Thank you!!:thumbsup:

joysleep1
09-09-15, 12:17
I know this sounds really cheeky and asking a lot, but is it possible to record the stream onto the slave box hardrive and aswell as have timeshift enabled?

judge
09-09-15, 12:52
I know this sounds really cheeky and asking a lot, but is it possible to record the stream onto the slave box hardrive and aswell as have timeshift enabled?
Yes. .

abu baniaz
09-09-15, 15:19
I have moved the thread to the image support section. We already have a few threads in here covering RCSC.

Please note the following:

It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

joysleep1
09-09-15, 17:27
Yes. .

Well on my slave box. I can't pause live stream. Any idea why?

afterburn
11-09-15, 19:50
Have just set up as above and all i get is cannot connect to remote ip. any ideas?

afterburn
11-09-15, 20:09
Ok I have it going now, Strangely when i had the 2 boxes beside each other it wouldn't connect,yet when I brought the slave upstairs it connected. Maybe it was the reboot on the slave that did it. Next question how do i make sure the box downstairs IP remains the same?

simono5
11-09-15, 20:58
Ok I have it going now, Strangely when i had the 2 boxes beside each other it wouldn't connect,yet when I brought the slave upstairs it connected. Maybe it was the reboot on the slave that did it. Next question how do i make sure the box downstairs IP remains the same?

Fixed IP through your router or through box network settings.

afterburn
28-09-15, 23:28
Any way I can have Full epg on the slave box without having a satellite cable connected?

judge
29-09-15, 00:27
Any way I can have Full epg on the slave box without having a satellite cable connected?
Yes, mount the HDD where EPG is saved & use that location to read EPG.

afterburn
29-09-15, 18:02
Yes, mount the HDD where EPG is saved & use that location to read EPG.

How might I do that judge?:confused:

hammyboy
29-09-15, 22:06
i have a duo2 as the main box and installed remotestreamchannel convert on my solo2 as the slave box.
i have setup the epg on the duo2 to be stored on the duo2 hard drive and i have made the settings to automatically refresh and save it there so i always have an up to date epg on the duo2.

on the solo2 (slave box) i have mounted the hard drive of the duo2 in menu>settings>network>mount setup.
in this menu you select network browser then expand the master box and you should see the hard drive of it.
press ok to mount that hard drive then you may have to reboot.
when you go into the epg settings of the slave box you should be able to select the location of the epg on the master box hdd then load it and it should populate.

ham

afterburn
30-09-15, 23:52
i have a duo2 as the main box and installed remotestreamchannel convert on my solo2 as the slave box.
i have setup the epg on the duo2 to be stored on the duo2 hard drive and i have made the settings to automatically refresh and save it there so i always have an up to date epg on the duo2.

on the solo2 (slave box) i have mounted the hard drive of the duo2 in menu>settings>network>mount setup.
in this menu you select network browser then expand the master box and you should see the hard drive of it.
press ok to mount that hard drive then you may have to reboot.
when you go into the epg settings of the slave box you should be able to select the location of the epg on the master box hdd then load it and it should populate.

ham

Thanks mate. That's done the trick!:thumbsup:

afterburn
02-10-15, 15:53
I thought I had it but no. When I follow the above method and go to extend the master box nothing shows up. I don't have a hard drive in the master box but i have a 64gb usb mounted as media hdd. Is this the problem?

hammyboy
03-10-15, 12:29
I thought I had it but no. When I follow the above method and go to extend the master box nothing shows up. I don't have a hard drive in the master box but i have a 64gb usb mounted as media hdd. Is this the problem?

im not 100% sure but if you have the 64gb usb on your master box then you should see it on your network browser on the slave box.
do you have samba and nfs running in network settings on both boxes?

maybe try selecting 'use as hdd replacement' when mounting the 64gb usb on the master box.

hope this helps

ham