PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Help with VU + DUO2 Box Crashed wont boot up?

sasman
06-09-15, 16:11
Hi

I just bought a VU+ DUO2 last week from world of satellite...It has been working ok it has the odd crash but if i turned it off it always came on....Until today...
I dont hava a clue how to fix it...
I came in today turned on the TV and i get error message saying sorry will have to restart in 10 seconds?...20 mins later still waiting so i turned of the box...turned it back on...All i get is really sorry your receiver encountered a software problem.. please send log file ...etc..etc...
It will not get past this error message?..
It comes up with lots of code and asks to send log file but how do i send a log file? when i cant boot up?

Help Please

Rob

DaMacFunkin
06-09-15, 17:39
Sounds like you need to do a fresh flash, if I had to guess you have installed loads of plug ins since you got it? My advice is to keep it real simple, don't install anything to do a task you can do on another device.

sasman
06-09-15, 17:58
Thanks for the reply...I have tried to flash via USB.. i have followed the pdf..on how to flash via usb..

Formatted the drive fat 32
downloaded the image extracted the files onto usb ...dirs on the usb are Vuplus and inside that duo2..
Extraced the files into the dirs...
Turned of the box plugged in the usb in the front usb slot turned on the box...
It just reboots to same error message....Vix will reboot in 10 seconds..
I tried the USB in all slots it doesnt seem to see the usb stick ?....

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Willmoore
06-09-15, 18:04
Try another usb 4/8 gb work best - use a decent make, Kingston etc

Andy_Hazza
06-09-15, 18:10
When you say you turn it off, do you mean at the rocker switch on the back of the receiver or do you mean you put it into standby mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
06-09-15, 18:45
Might be worth having a look at the crash logs too.
If you can, upload one here. They are in /home/root/logs/ by default.

sasman
06-09-15, 20:11
Yes i tried 3 different USB sticks when i bought the Box i it came with 16 gb kingston USB stick so if that came with the box it should be ok?...
I tried a lexar and sandisk tried all three usb slots..does not seem to see the stick at all...
I will try to use flashfxp to connect and download a log...

Andy_Hazza
06-09-15, 20:13
Yes i tried 3 different USB sticks when i bought the Box i it came with 16 gb kingston USB stick so if that came with the box it should be ok?...
I tried a lexar and sandisk tried all three usb slots..does not seem to see the stick at all...
I will try to use flashfxp to connect and download a log...

How do you turn the receiver off?

sasman
06-09-15, 20:24
I turn it off with the rear rocker switch...i will unplug and try it again...

Andy_Hazza
06-09-15, 20:32
I turn it off with the rear rocker switch...i will unplug and try it again...

Thats not good. Why can't you just put it into standby mode? They are like mini computers and not a good idea to keep turning off with the rocker switch.

sasman
06-09-15, 20:45
Standby button does not work?.. only way to turn it off is with the switch..

Peterj
06-09-15, 20:56
Your problem is caused by the MultiQuickButton plugin.
You don't need it. There is an inbuild option to map keys: setup-system-user inerface-button setup.

If a reflash doesn't work, you can try to use FTP and delete the MultiQuickButton folder: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuickButton and restart the box.
It will probably boot again and you can use the image-manger to do a decent re-flash again.

sasman
06-09-15, 21:08
Thanks for that.. i deleted what you said via ftp and it rebooted and i can watch TV .. the mrs is very happy...I wont be adding plugins again...

Very helpfull guys..Thanks..

Andy_Hazza
06-09-15, 21:13
Standby button does not work?.. only way to turn it off is with the switch..

Faulty remote? I would personally buy a new universal Vu+ remote and just turn the receiver off via the standby option not via the rocker switch.

sasman
06-09-15, 21:18
The standby button works normally but the box was crashing and would not respond to any remote button?...I have deleted the plugin via ftp and everything seems to be working ok..including the standbye button...

Thanks

For the help..

Chasblood
10-10-15, 08:56
Hi
How do I use ftp

twol
10-10-15, 09:35
Hi
How do I use ftp

Google and read:)