PDA

View Full Version : Boblight

jasper1974
06-09-15, 10:32
Hi guys managed to get my Ambilight (lightbox) up and running on my Duo2 After having to make my own config file as couldn't get the boblight plugin config creator to make one that worked but i just have the problem that yellows are coming up extremely green

If i go into Live RGB Adjust nothing makes any difference

If i go in to moodlight settings i can get a yellow but i have to have the settings as follows

R: 255
G: 185
B: 0

Yet a yellow should be

R:255
G:255
B:0

have tried messing about with the Gamma and the Adjust in the config for the Green but it does not seem to make any difference

Has anyone got any ideas how i can lower the green value???

Rob van der Does
07-09-15, 08:03
First of all: I would use the EnigmaLight plugin. It's the successor of BoBLight.

Anyway: in both cases you'll have to adjust the colours. For that EnigmaLight has build-in test-pictures. Start with one, adjust colours, and check with the other pictures.
For the starter I use the multi-colour picture (red/green/blue & white).

PS: don't look at the absolute values of the RGB-setting. They are just indications, and dependant on both the LED's used and the background colour (wall).

jasper1974
07-09-15, 21:10
First of all: I would use the EnigmaLight plugin. It's the successor of BoBLight.

Anyway: in both cases you'll have to adjust the colours. For that EnigmaLight has build-in test-pictures. Start with one, adjust colours, and check with the other pictures.
For the starter I use the multi-colour picture (red/green/blue & white).

PS: don't look at the absolute values of the RGB-setting. They are just indications, and dependant on both the LED's used and the background colour (wall).

I cant get enigmalight to work at all if i go to make a config file it just crashes the box

If i rename my boblight config file to enigmalight.conf it does not do anything

heres log from trying to create config

Rob van der Does
08-09-15, 05:54
Have you read on

http://www.enigmalight.net/
how to change the config file for enigma light?

Config file creators have never worked for me.

jasper1974
08-09-15, 14:10
Have you read on

http://www.enigmalight.net/
how to change the config file for enigma light?

Config file creators have never worked for me.

Have done everything i can from that site

Have made the config file but lights just wont turn on

have attached my 2 configs could you please have a look and tell me where i have gone wrong

Rob van der Does
08-09-15, 17:02
Difficult to say; long time since I used boblight. And I definitely have other and less LED' s then you have.

jasper1974
08-09-15, 19:23
Difficult to say; long time since I used boblight. And I definitely have other and less LED' s then you have.

Ok thanks anyway think i will just stick to boblight then and put up with the greenish yellow

Rob van der Does
08-09-15, 20:35
BoB-light also has colour tuning options.

jasper1974
09-09-15, 08:35
BoB-light also has colour tuning options.

Have tried pressing 8 and altering the colours in the colour tuning of Boblight but it does not do anything to my lights not sure why