PDA

View Full Version : help, my vu+ wont start anymore :(

putzipuh
19-12-10, 20:00
Hi,

after changing some settings in VIX Menu (smth about the 2nd Infobar, i just wanted to enable it allways) box wanted to restart and came not back up :(
now it stuck on bootlogo (this wanna be xmas balls) and the silver vix are circling around and that in a loop :(

any way to undo these changes without reinstall from the scratch?

silverfox0786
19-12-10, 20:26
shut down box at back and leave to rest for half hour then switch on again

irishchris
19-12-10, 20:49
Hi,

after changing some settings in VIX Menu (smth about the 2nd Infobar, i just wanted to enable it allways) box wanted to restart and came not back up :(
now it stuck on bootlogo (this wanna be xmas balls) and the silver vix are circling around and that in a loop :(

any way to undo these changes without reinstall from the scratch?

had you installed a different skin other than the ones in feed? as it could be an incompatibility between the skin and the 2nd infobar.

putzipuh
19-12-10, 21:16
shut down box at back and leave to rest for half hour then switch on again

still nothing :(
i just installed dmconcinity HD from feed

irishchris
19-12-10, 21:35
a reflash maybe best

silverfox0786
19-12-10, 22:54
still nothing :(
i just installed dmconcinity HD from feed

might have been the skin as irishchris say reflash it

Morini
20-12-10, 12:34
Not sure if this is of any use to the OP, but I have had a similar thing happen 4 times now. When restarting the box the e2 gui will not restart and I just get the bootlogo and occasional spinning VIX. Happened again yesterday, but I now think I've isolated what is causing it. I had a swapfile configured on a USB stick so out of curiosity I pulled the USB stick and the box started fine first time. I have since plugged the USB stick back in (because picons and epg data are stored there) but disabled the swap file. Rebooted numerous times since and it has been fine.

Might not be your problem, but worth a try if you have a USB swap file?

andyblac
21-12-10, 17:24
Not sure if this is of any use to the OP, but I have had a similar thing happen 4 times now. When restarting the box the e2 gui will not restart and I just get the bootlogo and occasional spinning VIX. Happened again yesterday, but I now think I've isolated what is causing it. I had a swapfile configured on a USB stick so out of curiosity I pulled the USB stick and the box started fine first time. I have since plugged the USB stick back in (because picons and epg data are stored there) but disabled the swap file. Rebooted numerous times since and it has been fine.

Might not be your problem, but worth a try if you have a USB swap file?

yup, it your flash drive to slow for swap, read this thread (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4657-Random-GUI-freezes.), my advice is stay away from flash for swap, my own test show there just to dam slow to cope with swapping the memory in and out of pagefile. go buy a small 2.5" USB HDD, create a swap in the internal hdd if you have one

laamri
24-01-12, 13:58
My vu+ won't boot at all tried to reflash it using the USB stick few times but is not reading it

acco
24-01-12, 21:36
My vu+ won't boot at all tried to reflash it using the USB stick few times but is not reading itMake sure you don't have a usb stick still stuck in the back of stb when flashing, that one had me stump for a good half an hour in the past.