PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Setting AutoTimer via Record Button (ie silently)

bbbuk
05-09-15, 22:47
As mentioned in this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-Blue-HD-V3&p=372992&viewfull=1#post372992) thread, I too can not set an AutoTimer via the Record button.

This is on a Solo2 with fresh usb flash with no restore of settings with Vix 3.2 004.

This bug only effects the AutoTimer when pressed with the <Rec> button and not when done via another method.

When <Rec> button is pressed nothing appears to happen. Nothing is added to either timers or autotimer and NO vix spinner neither and NO crash.

Looking at this I can see that EpgSelection.py calls "AddAutoTimerSilent" when <Rec> button pressed and calls "AddAutoTimer" when adding autotimer via another method. If I remove the "silent" bit from end of that line it calls the normal autotimer.

Therefore, the problem could be with AutoTimer when it's called silently.

Attached are debug logs

bellejt
05-09-15, 23:13
also noticed this but did not pay further attention.

Rob van der Does
06-09-15, 05:40
Adding a timer in EPG using the rec-button does work.
But adding an AutoTimer indeed doesn't. I never noticed this, because I never use this (I always use the blue-button, so I get the options).
We are looking into this.

bbbuk
06-09-15, 11:32
ok, i've done some testing with this problem which may (or may not) help you narrow down the cause...

This never worked with Vix 3.2 003. I do use this feature but because I manually copy autotimer.xml over, I hadn't noticed this wasn't working at first.

So I went back to Hades 18 and manually copied over 'AutoTimerEditor.pyo' from Hades to 3.2 as that's ultimately what is called and it still never worked.

I then manually copied over the entire "AutoTimer" folder from Hades to 3.2 and now it's working again.

Therefore, the problem I assume is within "AutoTimer" and a change to one or more files for this plugin.

duoduo
06-09-15, 18:57
I have the option of autotimer when I press the record button in epg, so it's not a solo2 issue. I'm on the latest version of vix also...

birdman
06-09-15, 19:07
Related only by code location is the fact that if you try to set a maximum number of recordings via the Web interface it doesn't work - the AutoTimer always ends up with 0 (== no limit).

Stanman
06-09-15, 23:15
I have the option of autotimer when I press the record button in epg, so it's not a solo2 issue. I'm on the latest version of vix also...
Option is there but it does not create the AT.

gilvey
09-09-15, 17:30
Autotimer not working on TM twin oe either with latest vix3.2 004

bbbuk
12-09-15, 20:51
I'm not chasing, just asking, but has this bug been sorted for 005 (if released) because I can't see anything on github (not even sure I have correct location on github tbh) :)

Rob van der Does
12-09-15, 20:52
Nope .

bbbuk
17-09-15, 22:00
Has anyone else noticed AT now recording repeats whereas before I found it rarely did, if at all ?

I'm not sure if it's me or related to changes to AT.

Huevos
17-09-15, 22:28
AT doesn't know if a program is a repeat or not. It just searches for matches that correspond with the parameters it has been set up to look for.

bbbuk
17-09-15, 22:42
AT doesn't know if a program is a repeat or not. It just searches for matches that correspond with the parameters it has been set up to look for.I'm pretty sure in past it's never recorded repeats. Isn't that what "check for uniqueness" is for within new timer defaults menu setup?

birdman
18-09-15, 00:46
I'm pretty sure in past it's never recorded repeats. Isn't that what "check for uniqueness" is for within new timer defaults menu setup?I presume that is the intention (and I think I can remember seeing it work - but not sure whether that was on the current image or hades).

I've always wondered where it looks for uniqueness, though. It can't be just on the current EPG listing as that would result in it recording the first occurrence, then when that is passed and drops out of the EPG the second occurrence would then also become unique and get recorded as well. So perhaps it looks at the existing recordings too? (Which would mean that if you delete something soon after recording you may also get a second recording).

I could try looking at the AT code - which I wish to do anyway to find out how the "only record a maximum of n times" is supposed to work. At the moment if you set this to non-zero (say 4) it won't record anything, as the "still left" counter setting (which only shows up if you set the maximum) defaults to 0. So you have to change that too. And having done so it doesn't seem to get changed once a recording has been done.
Err...wait. I've just checked and the counter has gone down. But I'm sure it wasn't shown as decremented an hour after the recording had finished. Even more confused now....

bbbuk
18-09-15, 09:48
I presume that is the intention (and I think I can remember seeing it work - but not sure whether that was on the current image or hades).

I've always wondered where it looks for uniqueness, though. It can't be just on the current EPG listing as that would result in it recording the first occurrence, then when that is passed and drops out of the EPG the second occurrence would then also become unique and get recorded as well. So perhaps it looks at the existing recordings too? (Which would mean that if you delete something soon after recording you may also get a second recording)...I don't ever remember getting repeats using Hades and this is why I was wondering if whatever changes were done between Hades and 3.2 have resulted in repeats occuring as well as unable to set AT silently.

I would assume AT would check for uniqueness between that AT and those timers classed as completed which by default are kept for further 7 days.

Stanman
18-09-15, 18:06
Unique works and can be set to title and description or mixture.

Got it here and is doing it

bbbuk
18-09-15, 18:19
Unique works and can be set to title and description or mixture.

Got it here and is doing itI normally set it to title and description but it still managed to record a repeat.

Does it work by checking for uniqueness between AT and previous completed timers do you know?

Stanman
18-09-15, 18:27
It may do if the orginal recording was before the EPG polled and the recording had been completed before the polling was done.

I.e your EPG is up to Thursday and you have a recording for eastenders.

Recording is done. Your EPG updates to next Friday and there is now a recording for eastenders on Friday because at moment no timers exist for eastenders.

Hope that makes sense

birdman
19-09-15, 02:09
I would assume AT would check for uniqueness between that AT and those timers classed as completed which by default are kept for further 7 days.Quite possible. But I set my timer purge for less than that, as I have no need to keep the recorded files around that long.
If that is the case, perhaps keeping the metadata longer than the actual recordings could be a possibility.

Rob van der Does
19-09-15, 04:33
Even a long list of 'Finished timers' at the end of the list won't harm you, would they?

bbbuk
19-09-15, 08:56
I keep completed timers for 8 days (the way I see it is it outlives the EPG lol) and it causes no harm as mentioned by Rob Van Der Does.

Despite my doing this, it still recorded a repeat showing. I'll see if it happens again :)

itstelboy
24-09-15, 22:15
Setting Autotimer Via Record Button

As per the thread title I too have noticed this problem when trying to set autotimer using the record button on my receiver TM-NANO 2 Super.
Identical to the above issues, I am using the latest version of Hades and have tried a factory reset and a clean install but the fault is still there. I am using the blue button for the time being but prefer the record button. Hope this gets fixed in the next Hades release.

Rob van der Does
25-09-15, 05:03
Yes, when you use the same image you have the same features (and bugs).
We mentioned already that this has been fixed in the next build.

bbbuk
25-09-15, 20:09
We mentioned already that this has been fixed in the next build.It wasn't mentioned in this thread.

Is it fixed for 006 and onwards?

What was problem in the end?

Rob van der Does
25-09-15, 21:32
Then that must have been in another post.
Yep, fixed in build 006.
Issue was an incompatible change in AT.