PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt 2400 or xtrend 10000

wullboy
05-09-15, 12:10
Looking for users options on these boxes before i buy one from WOS

As both are good high end spec boxes, which of the 2 would you say are " user friendly " I believe a remote can help a box if it has a good set up with button position and quick set up.. appreciate your comments guys....thanks

Andy_Hazza
05-09-15, 12:41
I have both the Mut@nt HD2400 and the Xtrend ET10K and the Mut@nt is the best receiver out the 2 in my opinion. Peeps rave about the Xtrend's remote, but I'm not one of them peeps, its okay. The Mut@nt's remote is nice, not universal which is a shame, but not a deal breaker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casuk
05-09-15, 12:46
Et10000, iv had it for a few months and its the best iv owned so far, great pic, remote is good, a very stable stb, i cant say anything about the mutant as not had a play with one

Bazzer
05-09-15, 13:33
Mutant for me I have had this box for a few months now and previously had a Vu Solo . I am not very techno minded and to be honest I was a little apprehensive when I bought it but really glad I did , it's fast and very user friendly . I use the Harmony remote with all my so the remote is not a issue for me . I would recommend to one and all . But to be fair never owned a Et 1000 so can't comment on that.

wullboy
05-09-15, 14:56
Can i take it that WOD is the only seller of the mut@nt 2400 hd box, as I'm not seeing anything or anybody else selling this box, or am i missing a trick here.... lol

twol
05-09-15, 15:34
Not sure if its price concern or that nobody else is selling the Mut@nt in UK?
On the former, I would say that price +service is important. On the latter, the Mut@ant ansdXtrend is sold widely on the continent e.g I can buy from 5 dealers but only 1 price .... List!
If you don,t need transcoding and 4 tuners then I would go with the ET8000 ... Same performance - 3 tuners...... I have had both, both good quality receivers.

wullboy
05-09-15, 16:43
Price not an issue, just trying to weight up the pro's & con's before buying one of them..thanks !!

Blu-ray
05-09-15, 17:04
Mut@nt HD 2400 excellent box for the money, WOS has dropped the price since I purchased one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mogli
06-09-15, 09:39
Mut@nt had mine for a while and love it! Defo lives up to its name :)

richf176
06-09-15, 11:02
Very happy with my Mut@nt

Rob van der Does
07-09-15, 07:56
Price not an issue, just trying to weight up the pro's & con's before buying one of them..thanks !!
LOL: I have hardly seen any pro's and con's in this thread so far. Only 'I like my box'....

peteb2428
07-09-15, 09:23
LOL: I have hardly seen any pro's and con's in this thread so far. Only 'I like my box'....a

Mut@nt HD2400

pro's

1, liked by many forum moderaters

Con's

1, feels plastic
2, crap looking control box
3, mine arrived not working

Xtrend 10000

Pro,s

1, quality build feel
2, looks nice
3 control box widely regarded as the best
4, same spec but slightly cheaper

Cons'

NONE

but to be honest im sure both equal in performance and spec so whilst my review is pretty basic if you like a decent remote and a better build quality for your money the Xrend 10000 is the best.

joysleep1
07-09-15, 09:39
a

Mut@nt HD2400

pro's

1, liked by many forum moderaters

Con's

1, feels plastic
2, crap looking control box
3, mine arrived not working

Xtrend 10000

Pro,s

1, quality build feel
2, looks nice
3 control box widely regarded as the best
4, same spec but slightly cheaper

Cons'

NONE

but to be honest im sure both equal in performance and spec so whilst my review is pretty basic if you like a decent remote and a better build quality for your money the Xrend 10000 is the best.

I agree with Peter. The Xtrend 10000 is the best enigma 2 receiver i have ever owned. I think the remote is a big factor when choosing between receivers. The xtrend remote feels so much more superior and is universal. The Mut@nt remote is so tiny and the buttons are so close together is feels awful to navigate away round the receiver. I breifly owned a Mut@nt but had to return it due it being found faulty. I then bought the xtrent 10000 and never looked back. It is a much nicer looking receiver too. Another advanatage is that the xtrend has the ability for both size hardrives where as the mut@nt does not.

stevesom
07-09-15, 11:13
Xtrend 10k solid as a rock upgrade from vu duo, cannot comment on mutant.

joysleep1
07-09-15, 11:40
The only slight issue that i get a bit concerned about with the xtrend is that it gets quite hot when using it. Up to around 50 degrees.

casuk
07-09-15, 11:52
Mine sits at 44c and has never been a problem its not that hot to the touch but it was a concern for me when i got it but doesnt make a diffrence

joysleep1
07-09-15, 11:55
Mine sits at 44c and has never been a problem its not that hot to the touch but it was a concern for me when i got it but doesnt make a diffrence

Mine gets hotter than that.
Maybe because i am doing something more demanding from the receiver. I dont know.
Mine can reach up to 50c. And feels very hot

casuk
07-09-15, 12:00
Its warm but not hot its always been at 44 since day one even if i turn fan up still stays the same, im just using as standard stb

joysleep1
07-09-15, 12:21
Its warm but not hot its always been at 44 since day one even if i turn fan up still stays the same, im just using as standard stb

oH OK

I have all 4 tuners in use. 2 satellite and 2 cable. The tuners itself get very hot.

casuk
07-09-15, 12:31
Using 3 cable one sat in mine and a 2tb 7200 hdd yea its tuner side to center thats warm

Andy_Hazza
07-09-15, 13:16
I have to disagree i'm afraid. I have both and out all 4 receivers I have, the Xtrend ET10K is my least fave (4th). [emoji33]

peteb2428
07-09-15, 13:35
I have to disagree i'm afraid. I have both and out all 4 receivers I have, the Xtrend ET10K is my least fave (4th). [emoji33]

Any chance of a why? may help the op

wullboy
07-09-15, 13:37

Andy m8, can i ask why you would bring it last, and what other boxes are you running m8, would you say the mut@nt 24hs is cheap looking, and as blu-ray states the price is dropping, then i ask myself,why would a top end box start to drop money on it, if it was a good end box, I appreciate all the info [ good & bad ] i have been receiving from this thread....cheers guys !!

Andy_Hazza
07-09-15, 13:45
Andy m8, can i ask why you would bring it last, and what other boxes are you running m8, would you say the mut@nt 24hs is cheap looking, and as blu-ray states the price is dropping, then i ask myself,why would a top end box start to drop money on it, if it was a good end box, I appreciate all the info [ good & bad ] i have been receiving from this thread....cheers guys !!

I think the Mut@nt is sexy and different. I like the blue buttons when lit up and blue display. I don't think its cheap looking at all, I personally think the Xtrend 10K isn't a nice looking box, I don't like the Xtrend's remote either.
Don't be put off by the price drop at all, you could say the same about the Xtrend's price drop also.
My Mut@nt HD2400 is my fave (1st), then my Vu+ Solo2, then my Vu+ Uno and the Xtrend ET10K.
Like I say this is just my personal opinion, but the Mut@nt does look sexy, photo's don't do it justice to be fair.

joysleep1
07-09-15, 15:20
I think the Mut@nt is sexy and different. I like the blue buttons when lit up and blue display. I don't think its cheap looking at all, I personally think the Xtrend 10K isn't a nice looking box, I don't like the Xtrend's remote either.
Don't be put off by the price drop at all, you could say the same about the Xtrend's price drop also.
My Mut@nt HD2400 is my fave (1st), then my Vu+ Solo2, then my Vu+ Uno and the Xtrend ET10K.
Like I say this is just my personal opinion, but the Mut@nt does look sexy, photo's don't do it justice to be fair.

Very surprising you dont like the xtrends remote control. It is by far more superior than the mut@nt. It is universal. Its automatically better in every way......

twol
07-09-15, 15:32

Both the Mut@nt and the ET10000 are the same boring rectangular boxes ... now the ET8500 .. that is different, and it has a proper display :)
... but everybody to their own ............. :)

Andy_Hazza
07-09-15, 15:34
Very surprising you dont like the xtrends remote control. It is by far more superior than the mut@nt. It is universal. Its automatically better in every way......

Like I've said, its my personal opinion.....

peteb2428
07-09-15, 15:36
Both the Mut@nt and the ET10000 are the same boring rectangular boxes ... now the ET8500 .. that is different, and it has a proper display :)
... but everybody to their own ............. :)

Yeah but I prefer like most to watch the TV:p

Rob van der Does
07-09-15, 17:24
...I think the remote is a big factor when choosing between receivers. ....
No idea why it should be. I never ever use any device-RC at all (they are all piled in the cupboard) and nor would you once you had tried a Harmony.
An 'activity-based' RC is far superior over any device-RC.

The only slight issue that i get a bit concerned about with the xtrend is that it gets quite hot when using it. Up to around 50 degrees.
So that's not hot at all!

joysleep1
08-09-15, 09:08
No idea why it should be. I never ever use any device-RC at all (they are all piled in the cupboard) and nor would you once you had tried a Harmony.
An 'activity-based' RC is far superior over any device-RC.

So that's not hot at all!

Well most people do not choose to buy a separate remote for their receiver. They would like a good solid remote that would do the job fine as well as being universal. A harmony remote is just another expense if the default remote is terrible. I have to say the VU remote was also quite nice.

Really?
I have owned a Vu Duo a solo 2 and briefly a mut@nt and none of them got anywhere near as hot as 50c.

wullboy
08-09-15, 10:40
Does both these boxes have twin tuners as standard fitted to then, or are they just single tuners like the xtrend 8500, as it only appears to come with single tuners fitted as standard, i was also having a good look at the remotes for the xtrend and the mut@nt, as i will be using the remote that comes with the box that i buy, and the xtrend has the colour buttons up in the middle of the remote, where as the mut@nt has them down at the bottom, so not as handy when using the colour buttons, but the mut@nt seems to have a good lay out on it apart from the colour buttons, so im still trying to decide, many thanks for the feed back im getting on this thread....cheers !!

Rob van der Does
08-09-15, 12:16
Well most people do not choose to buy a separate remote for their receiver.
Nor do I. You buy a Harmony just once to command all your devices in a very comfortable way.
And no need for an expensive Harmony at all!

Really?
I have owned a Vu Duo a solo 2 and briefly a mut@nt and none of them got anywhere near as hot as 50c.
Yes, really.
First of all: the temperature readout is very much dependant on where the sensor is. If it's inside the SoC you might even see 170 degrees without having to worry.
The DUO doesn't even have a temperature sensor, so one has no idea about the values of that box.

twol
08-09-15, 12:37
Nor do I. You buy a Harmony just once to command all your devices in a very comfortable way.
And no need for an expensive Harmony at all!

Have to say I agree with you Rob :), (although I personally don,t like the Harmony :) ) it does a perfectly good job not just for E2 receivers but almost any audio/sound device, and means that you can stack all your remotes in a drawer for emergencies - like my visiting relatives :)
So remotes are (in my view) only a valid reason for buying one box or another when you only have a receiver plus TV ... and no other gear.

wullboy
09-09-15, 13:12
Thanks for all the feedback from this thread guys, iv`e decided to go for the Mut@nt 2400hd, basically because it has twin tuners as standard, as with the xtrened having single tuners, not to sure about the usb charging remote, but, will see how it goes, and then maybe i`ll have a look at the harmony remote, but as it would only be for the tv + box, so maybe an expense i dont need, Thanks for all the help guys....cheers !!

PS.. Yes, i bought the box from WOS....

twol
09-09-15, 13:32
Thanks for all the feedback from this thread guys, iv`e decided to go for the Mut@nt 2400hd, basically because it has twin tuners as standard, as with the xtrened having single tuners, not to sure about the usb charging remote, but, will see how it goes, and then maybe i`ll have a look at the harmony remote, but as it would only be for the tv + box, so maybe an expense i dont need, Thanks for all the help guys....cheers !!

All the best:) ...... but twin tuners as standard???? Its the same as the ET10000, 4 tuners with in and loop thru ....... unless I am missing something?

wullboy
09-09-15, 14:58
Yes.. my misunderstanding about the tuners twol m8, just had a phone call from stef, to keep my on the straight and narrow.. lol.. never mind, new boys toys on its merry way....

Bazzer
09-09-15, 15:42
You won't be disappointed blindly fantastic box and I would not worry about that remote it charges fast and lasts ages but I have the Harmony remote now and saves having five remotes on the coffee table. I believe u have made a great choice and you will be amazed how fast it is compared to cheaper boxes enjoy m8 .

joysleep1
10-09-15, 09:32

I do not know what you mean when you say it the mut@nt has twin tuners as standard.
They are both quad tuners.

wullboy
10-09-15, 10:20
joysleep 1, yes m8, they are both quad tuner boxes, 4 single tuners, i was wrong in thinking the mut@ant had twin tuners [ 2x4 tuners]

tappari
10-09-15, 12:16
I do have ET10000 with 4xC/T2 tuners. A bit complicated structure compared to my VU+Duo2 having 2xC/T2 Dual tuners. Better drivers VU+ is offering when using OpenViX than Xtrend.

twol
10-09-15, 13:23
I do have ET10000 with 4xC/T2 tuners. A bit complicated structure compared to my VU+Duo2 having 2xC/T2 Dual tuners. Better drivers VU+ is offering when using OpenViX than Xtrend.
Can you explain more? The drivers are not connected to a particular image.

tappari
10-09-15, 13:30
Can you explain more? The drivers are not connected to a particular image.
Just see how ET10000 drivers work. With Si2169 DVB T2 tuners display for SNR is about 45% and for AGC =0%. Cannot be right.

twol
10-09-15, 15:48
I don't have T2 Tuners so cannot comment... but the S2 figures are pretty accurate.
So not knowing anything about T2 tuners, are you using Silicon labs tuners or do all the receivers use a variation of their device?

thor1
10-09-15, 16:12
I too would like to know why reading are so low against other receivers, I have 2 X T2 tuners with readings of just over 50% SNR and AGC 0%. yet my Golden Interstar LX3 get over 90% SNR and over 90% AGC when connected to same cables, tuners are Si2169

nsw9154
10-09-15, 18:34
I had the same Question when i bought my Mut@nt as i could not get a signal above 50% i thought their was a faulty tuner as my LX3 was showing 99% on the same channel but it is just the way some tuners and receivers are my ET10k is the same as the Mut@nt i only get about 55% SNR but the picture is perfect so Don't worry about it if the picture is clear and stable

44615 44616

thor1
10-09-15, 20:39
I had the same Question when i bought my Mut@nt as i could not get a signal above 50% i thought their was a faulty tuner as my LX3 was showing 99% on the same channel but it is just the way some tuners and receivers are my ET10k is the same as the Mut@nt i only get about 55% SNR but the picture is perfect so Don't worry about it if the picture is clear and stable

44615 44616
I have no picture break ups, so I am putting it down to software

Sicilian
10-09-15, 20:42
I've had 3 different E2 receivers connected to Hybrid T2 feeds, ALL show different readings, none are correct imo.

rossi2000
10-09-15, 20:58
i have different readings on different boxes also.
its down to the drivers i believe its the way the information is calculated.

dont worry about it albeit not very suitable for fine tuning snr.

wullboy
10-09-15, 21:43
Well got my new shinny mut@nt 2400 box today, and may i say many thanks to stef for the first class speedy transaction,so, back to the new box, well sorry, but, the remote buttons are far to close together for my liking, could be because I'm not used to it yet,but comparing it to the duo2 remote, it does come close to it, yes i do like the colour of the lcd when comparing it to the duo, also, i did not know there is no RS323 output port on the back of the box, can i take it that this is now old hat on a box, anyway guys, will run with the box and see where it takes me, but it could be that I've been so used to duo's in the past... watch this space, there maybe a box for sale ... lol....

Andy_Hazza
10-09-15, 21:53
Well got my new shinny mut@nt 2400 box today, and may i say many thanks to stef for the first class speedy transaction,so, back to the new box, well sorry, but, the remote buttons are far to close together for my liking, could be because I'm not used to it yet,but comparing it to the duo2 remote, it does come close to it, yes i do like the colour of the lcd when comparing it to the duo, also, i did not know there is no RS323 output port on the back of the box, can i take it that this is now old hat on a box, anyway guys, will run with the box and see where it takes me, but it could be that I've been so used to duo's in the past... watch this space, there maybe a box for sale ... lol....

I'm used to the remote now, and that's from a guy who loves the Vu+ Universal remotes!!! Persevere with it @blueboy, you'll not be disappointed! :p

nsw9154
11-09-15, 08:42
i still prefer the ET10k's Remote lol

joysleep1
11-09-15, 09:19

Me too.
Not surprised when people open up their mut@nt and get shocked to how awful the layout and buttons are of the remote.

casuk
11-09-15, 09:50
Same works great and I like the button position

tappari
22-09-15, 15:02
I have no experience of Mutant 2400. But I have experience of ET10000 and VU+ Duo2. ET10000 is a failure when it comes to support from manufacturer named Xtrend. VU+ Duo2 is my favourite box!