PDA

View Full Version : ET10k 4x hybrid tuner issue

ccs
02-09-15, 20:38
Yes, no issue using 4x dvb-c/t2 tuners, found issue is using 4x dvb-c tuner, using hybrid tuners should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI bought an ET10000 with 4* DVB-C/T/T2 tuners from WOS about 2 months ago.
I checked that I could record 4 programmes on 4 different mux's, and mistakenly assumed that 4 red roundels in the recording list confirmed it was working.
Unfortunately, this is not the case.
To cut a long story short, the recording on tuner C fails when the 4th mux is selected for recording .
A switch to live tv on a different mux can hit Tuner D
So no more than 3 recordings work on different mux's, and only 2 if the m/c boots up on a mux not about to be used for recording.

Currently using OpenVIX 3.2.003

A tuner box which came with the ET10k has written on it.......

(Note) for ET10000 only

1. Please do not install a tuner that requires a CAM at Tuner4 slot.
2. Please do not install the DVB-C tuner modules at Tuner3 and Tuner4 at the same time.
3. At case of using 4 different cable signal, pleas use 3 DVB-C modules and one DVB-C/T/T2 module as below.

- DVB-C at Tuner1, 2, 3 and DVB-C/T/T2 at Tuner4.
- DVB-C at Tuner1, 2, 4 and DVB-C/T/T2 at Tuner3.

A bit clearer than the manual, and surely this suggests that four DVB-C/T/T2 tuners should be ok.

ccs
02-09-15, 21:20
Attempts to access the failing mux give the error "service not found (SID not found in PAT)".

ccs
04-09-15, 10:29
I've created a log file if it might help.

I set preferred tuner to C to prove that tunerC does initially work ok.

The sequence is ....

Watching bbc1, record bbc1 (uses tunerA), record itv (uses tunerC), record yesterday (uses tunerB), record drama (uses tunerD).

At this point, tunerC (The Jeremy Kyle Show, sorry!) stops recording and the mux is unavailable.

All recordings started from the epg using the record button.

ccs
04-09-15, 11:05
Another log with a slightly different outcome.

It's the same sequence as before, but instead of recording drama, I went to bbc HD live tv, via the epg. (ie different mux again.)

This created the "service not found (SID not found in PAT)" error for tunerD and a blank screen.

TunerC had also stopped recording, but the second switch to bbc HD via the epg worked ok (tunerD).

Sicilian
04-09-15, 11:52
How are your feeds connected? Are you using a splitter, booster/distro switch or loop thru?

ccs
04-09-15, 12:36
I'm using a variable gain booster, selecting zero gain, with 4 outputs feeding the 4 tuners.

The SNR is 50% +/- 5, the tv/another pvr report 100% quality on the same feeds, and there is no picture breakup.

I've not had any recording failures apart from the one's I can generate every time.

I've tried a variable attenuator but this made the SNR drop even further.

ccs
04-09-15, 13:17
The only other thing I can think of is Open Webif reports the current channel details as DVB-S2, DVB-C and sometimes DVB-T.

Maybe the tuner type really is getting mixed up?

ccs
05-09-15, 16:00
I've tried with OpenVIX 3.2.004, with no settings or plugins, same problem persists.

One more possible clue, the original sequence was ....

Watching bbc1, record bbc1 (uses tunerA), record itv (uses tunerC), record yesterday (uses tunerB), record drama (uses tunerD).

This crashes TunerC.

Watching bbc1, record bbc1 (uses tunerA), record itv (uses tunerC), record yesterday (uses tunerB), record Ch4 (users tunerC), record drama (uses tunerD).

(ie 2 recordings on tunerC.)

This crashes tunerD.:confused:

ccs
08-09-15, 10:26
I guess I must be the only one with this particular configuration.

Something else I've noted which may be related.

After doing the "tests", going into deep standby gives the message "Recording(s) are in progress or coming up in a few seconds! Really shutdown now?"
There are none, so I say yes and 2 minutes later it switches back on again.
Powering off again, and it goes straight into deep standby.
However, the box still misbehaves later in the day, and 2 mornings this week it's been switched on when it shouldn't have been.

Maybe these "phantom" recordings are part of the original problem, taking up tuner slots??

I don't normally delete recordings and timers while they are still active.

Is there anything else I can try/do? Being limited to 2 mux's out of 4 is not why I bought the box in the first place.

I've tried strace, but it fails with a ptrace error (something to do with uid's, I think).

casuk
08-09-15, 10:34
Mine is hybrid slot abc, sat in d no problems here make sure tuners are configured after swaping them about I did have some trouble when sat was in slot a but been fine after swapping a and d around

judge
08-09-15, 10:37
After doing the "tests", going into deep standby gives the message "Recording(s) are in progress or coming up in a few seconds! Really shutdown now?"
There are none, so I say yes and 2 minutes later it switches back on again.
Powering off again, and it goes straight into deep standby.
However, the box still misbehaves later in the day, and 2 mornings this week it's been switched on when it shouldn't have been.

Maybe these "phantom" recordings are part of the original problem, taking up tuner slots??

Open ports?

ccs
08-09-15, 10:39
Mine is hybrid slot abc, sat in d no problems here make sure tuners are configured after swaping them about I did have some trouble when sat was in slot a but been fine after swapping a and d aroundI've got 4xhybrid dvb-c/t/t2's. They all work ok individually, so I guess they must be configured ok.

ccs
08-09-15, 10:41
Open ports?Sorry, you've lost me.

If you mean ftp/telnet/openwebif, then no (I'd already tried testing again this morning before posting earlier.)

I can access the box via windows explorer, which I had opened this morning, but I hadn't opened any network links.

Surely this wouldn't explain why the box switched on again 2 minutes after going into deep standby?

ccs
08-09-15, 14:07
Mine is hybrid slot abc, sat in d no problems here make sure tuners are configured after swaping them about I did have some trouble when sat was in slot a but been fine after swapping a and d aroundAre you able to record on tuners a,b and c and then record on tuner d?
Mine appears to work, but viewing the 4 different mux's confirms that (usually) tuner c has stopped working.

casuk
08-09-15, 14:46
Yes run on the timers every week and if i manually do it to sfill the same iv not got a preffered tuner set either

ccs
09-09-15, 16:03
I've just tried Hades 14 which the box came with. No settings or Plugins, and the problem is still there, so it looks like it has never worked.

Any ideas? I really would like to get this sorted. I'm willing to try debug images or whatever, if that will help.

casuk
09-09-15, 21:29
All timers worked on all 4 tuners tonight 8-9 abc (cable) started at 8pm and d (sat) started at 9pm, I'm on hades 18

ccs
09-09-15, 21:35
OK, I've set up 4 timers for tomorrow morning. Let's see if there is a difference between them and the instant timers I've been testing with.

ccs
10-09-15, 09:24
Well, it didn't work.

But maybe a clue......

W1 = watching mux1, R2 = recording 2...etc

W1,R2,R3,R4 stops mux3 as mentioned before.

The clue, perhaps, recording takes priority is set to yes, the default, but it doesn't.

And, as I've said before, Webif sometimes says the current channel is DVB-S, so either Webif gets it wrong, or the box has got it wrong.

ccs
10-09-15, 17:33
If I just disable tuner D,

W1,R2,R3,R4 works, with W1 switching to W4. "ABC " all recording.

If I just disable tuner C,

W1,R2,R3,R4 works, with W1 switching to W4. "AB D" all recording.

If I disable tuners C and D,

W1,R2,R3 works, with W1 switching to W3. "AB" both recording.

If I disable tuners A and B,

W1,R2,R3 works, with W1 switching to W3. "CD " both recording. (I don't think I've seen them both recording together before.)

nsw9154
10-09-15, 18:20
Open Ports means that someone is accessing your receiver from outside and that is why it is switching itself on and your recordings are crashing

i have a ET10k with 4 DVB-C tuners and it is working perfect now that i replaced the faulty splitter that some how stopped me receiving the BBC News channel i have my cable plugged into Tuner "A" and then looped to "B" then to "C" and then to "D" without any problems and 50%/55% SNR is normal for the ET10k & the Mut@nt receivers as long as the picture is good don't worry about the snr

ccs
10-09-15, 18:54
Open Ports means that someone is accessing your receiver from outside and that is why it is switching itself on and your recordings are crashing.
Thanks for the reply, I'm not seeing anything on netstat as far as I can tell.
My BT Homehub5 is pretty much defaulting everything.
One default option "Allow all outgoing connections and block all unsolicited incoming traffic. Games and application sharing is allowed." worries me.
Are you saying the ET10k is visible to the outside world, and if so, can I block this access via the hub??
Or is Webif the weak link?
All I want is local access.

adm
10-09-15, 22:09
Thanks for the reply, I'm not seeing anything on netstat as far as I can tell.
My BT Homehub5 is pretty much defaulting everything.
One default option "Allow all outgoing connections and block all unsolicited incoming traffic. Games and application sharing is allowed." worries me.
Are you saying the ET10k is visible to the outside world, and if so, can I block this access via the hub??
Or is Webif the weak link?
All I want is local access.

Try running Shields Up to see which ports are open to the outside world

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

On that page go to the first "Proceed" button

On the next page select "all service ports"

ccs
10-09-15, 22:34
Try running Shields Up to see which ports are open to the outside world

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

On that page go to the first "Proceed" button

On the next page select "all service ports"Thanks for the link, it confirmed what I had already concluded that the problem wasn't being caused by open ports.

Last time I tried this sequence....

If I disable tuners A and B,

W1,R2,R3 works, with W1 switching to W3. "CD" both recording. (I don't think I've seen them both recording together before.)

I then enabled tuner B, and "BCD" recorded ok.

I then enabled tuner A but R4 this time hit tuner D.

I had a script "netstat"ing while these checks were going on - confirming no phantom tuner access, and deep standby as always gave "Recording(s) are in progress or coming up in a few seconds! Really shutdown now?" Answer Yes, and it still wakes up again 2 minutes later, when a deep standby works ok.

adm
10-09-15, 23:02
Could the phantom recording be a background timeshift?

ccs
11-09-15, 09:08
Could the phantom recording be a background timeshift?
I don't think so, I've got timeshift switched off, although I seem to remember the settings to change weren't too clear (to me).
I think pausing a live programme switches timeshift on regardless of settings, and I'm sure I didn't do that during testing.

ccs
11-09-15, 22:38
I've got timeshift "disabled".

The box should have gone into deep standby at 22:00 after a recording had finished, but it didn't.

I switched off using the remote, but got the "Recording(s) are in progress or coming up in a few seconds! Really shutdown now?" message, which explains why it didn't close down earlier.

So I paused live tv for 30 seconds, and then played and then stopped the programme, and chose not to save the timeshift buffer.

The box then went straight into deep standby via the remote.

So something thinks timeshift is active even when it isn't. And maybe this is why the 4th tuner (C or D) can never record.

ccs
13-09-15, 12:10
Still happening on OpenViX-3.2.005, one more clue, perhaps.

W1 = watching mux1, R2 = recording mux2 ... etc

W1,R2,R3,R4 stops mux3 as mentioned (many times) before.

If I stop and erase R4, R3 starts recording again, with a gap in the recoding while R4 was running.

Am I really the only person using 4*hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 terrestrial Freeview tuners on an ET10K?

casuk
13-09-15, 18:53
I use 3 but set up for cable, no problems

ccs
13-09-15, 19:56
Just in case anyone hasn't fallen asleep yet, I've also tried it on OpenXTA, with the same results.

tappari
14-09-15, 09:23
Still happening on OpenViX-3.2.005, one more clue, perhaps.

W1 = watching mux1, R2 = recording mux2 ... etc

W1,R2,R3,R4 stops mux3 as mentioned (many times) before.

If I stop and erase R4, R3 starts recording again, with a gap in the recoding while R4 was running.

Am I really the only person using 4*hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 terrestrial Freeview tuners on an ET10K?
My ET10000 behaves the same way with 4 x Si2169 C/T2 tuners. I cannot record from 4 terrestrial multiplexes at the same time. 3 is ok, but when starting tuner D, tuner C drops off.
Other problems with ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input, and 0% display for AGC.

ccs
14-09-15, 09:40
Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing this problem. Lets hope it can be sorted out.

tappari
14-09-15, 09:51
Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing this problem. Lets hope it can be sorted out.
What about the other problems I mentioned?

twol
14-09-15, 10:30
My ET10000 behaves the same way with 4 x Si2169 C/T2 tuners. I cannot record from 4 terrestrial multiplexes at the same time. 3 is ok, but when starting tuner D, tuner C drops off.
Other problems with ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input, and 0% display for AGC.

ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input: My understanding (and I have checked this!) is that it has to be a timer recording - some technicality
0% display for AGC: to be honest because every receiver make is different, AGC is irrelevant providing you have a good picture ...... SNR is important and the only figure I look at when adjusting my dishes:)

tappari
14-09-15, 13:25
ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input: My understanding (and I have checked this!) is that it has to be a timer recording - some technicality
0% display for AGC: to be honest because every receiver make is different, AGC is irrelevant providing you have a good picture ...... SNR is important and the only figure I look at when adjusting my dishes:)
I have added these lines to /etc/Enigma2/bouquets.tv:
#SERVICE 8192:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION Xtrend HDMI 2 Input

And then testing timer recording. No success.

twol
14-09-15, 16:09
I have added these lines to /etc/Enigma2/bouquets.tv:
#SERVICE 8192:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION Xtrend HDMI 2 Input

And then testing timer recording. No success.
Looks correct and my understanding is that to bypass encryption/hand shaking issues should go via a hdmi splitter. Also cannot watch and record - must be on different channel when timer recording starts on hdmi In.

tappari
15-09-15, 06:09
Looks correct and my understanding is that to bypass encryption/hand shaking issues should go via a hdmi splitter. Also cannot watch and record - must be on different channel when timer recording starts on hdmi In.
I did use splitter, but my mistake was to be in HDMI-input during recording. Works fine now. Thank you twol!

twol
15-09-15, 06:21
I did use splitter, but my mistake was to be in HDMI-input during recording. Works fine now. Thank you twol!

Wow, great..... I know that I had it working at one time ... But it is a while since I had my ET10000 and was beginning to think that I had dreamt it :)

ccs
29-10-15, 19:16

Sadly, not much activity on this thread. Bought 4 dvb-c/t/t2 tuners, but can only use 3 of them.

I see that a new stock of tuners is now available from WOS - they are described as dvb-c/t2 tuners, rather than dvb-c/t/t2.

Does this mean that they are different tuners, or is it just wishful thinking?

Only asking because......

Yes, no issue using 4x dvb-c/t2 tuners, found issue is using 4x dvb-c tuner, using hybrid tuners should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
30-10-15, 06:16
They're the same tuner modules, there been no recent tuner revision.

ccs
01-12-15, 18:01
Another month gone by, I thought I'd have another try....:)

Openviv 3.2.026, no settings, just tuned and setup using ABM.

Nice clean debug log, no key presses, just a wakeup from deep standby to service 4 timers, each on a different mux, starting 5 minutes apart and each lasting for 25 minutes.
The last recording was set to go into deep standby when finished.
bbc1 (the startup channel), itv, drama and dave are the mux's being used.

The 3rd recording (on drama) runs for 4 minutes 37 seconds, before being stopped when the 4th recording (on Dave) starts.

The other 3 recordings ran for 25 minutes (approx).

ccs
22-12-15, 12:54
I guess this really needs a new thread, but it's a variation on the same theme.

I've read elsewhere that adding a usb tuner would get the ET10K back to a 4 tuner box, so I made the mistake of buying a
Sundtek usb dvb-t2 tuner and configured it according to instructions.

The 4th recording to start still stops tunerC like before

I've tried all sorts of permutations, but nothing helps, infact some make it even worse.

The configuration I expected to work was enabling A B and C, disabling D, and enabling E (usb).

E never shows up as the current tuner in use, but it does get used if set to the preferred tuner.

tappari
22-12-15, 13:27
I guess this really needs a new thread, but it's a variation on the same theme.

I've read elsewhere that adding a usb tuner would get the ET10K back to a 4 tuner box, so I made the mistake of buying a
Sundtek usb dvb-t2 tuner and configured it according to instructions.

The 4th recording to start still stops tunerC like before

I've tried all sorts of permutations, but nothing helps, infact some make it even worse.

The configuration I expected to work was enabling A B and C, disabling D, and enabling E (usb).

E never shows up as the current tuner in use, but it does get used if set to the preferred tuner.
I have at the moment two Sundteks in my ET10000. Works fine as 5 tuner box when internal tuner D is disabled.

ccs
22-12-15, 14:41
I must be doing something wrong. I'll have another go, at least I now know it should work.

When you say you disabled tuner D, have you physically removed it, or just marked it as unavailable like I have?

And are you using VIX?

ccs
22-12-15, 17:07
Well I've worked out what's happening - TunerC is faulty and so my checks on the usb tuner were bound to fail.

Symptom was poor/no reception. Moving cables didn't help. Odd coincidence??

Timing couldn't be better.

Even ABM was failing with tuner lock.

Powered off for five minutes, tunerC now fine. :confused:

ccs
22-12-15, 17:43
Powered off for five minutes, tunerC now fine. :confused:
... probably should have said that I also removed the usb tuner as well.

ccs
23-12-15, 12:26
Tried everything I can think of, but no success - tuners C and D stop working (poor/no reception) when the usb tuner is configured.

Tuners A, B and E work ok.

tappari
23-12-15, 13:31
Tried everything I can think of, but no success - tuners C and D stop working (poor/no reception) when the usb tuner is configured.

Tuners A, B and E work ok.
My internal tuners A,B and C show SNR: 50% AGC: 0%. Tuner D is disabled but physically in the box. Both Sundteks show SNR: 99% and AGC: 99% .

tappari
23-12-15, 13:44
Sorry, I forgot to mention. In front of the tunerinputs I have 1 in 4 out amplifier/distributor for tuners A, B. C and Sundtek E. Sundtek F is in the output of tuner C.

ccs
23-12-15, 14:17
My internal tuners A,B and C show SNR: 50% AGC: 0%. Tuner D is disabled but physically in the box. Both Sundteks show SNR: 99% and AGC: 99%.Same values for me.

Sorry, I forgot to mention. In front of the tunerinputs I have 1 in 4 out amplifier/distributor for tuners A, B. C and Sundtek E. Sundtek F is in the output of tuner C.
I'm using a 4 output variable gain amp (set to zero gain) feeding A B C and E.

No signal problems at all when E totally removed (using a backup image). Simply disabling E doesn't help.

tappari
23-12-15, 15:46
The image I have at the moment in ET10000 is OpenATV 5.1 Last update: 2015-12-22. Reason for this is that my Duo2 is with 2 x Dual C/T2 tuners plus two Sundteks and OpenViX 3.2 vers. 030. Just want to compare these two images.:)

ccs
23-12-15, 15:50
Amazing - I've got the Sundtek usb dvb-t2 working at last.

If anyone is interested (:)) it was nothing at all to do with configuring the usb device.

4 DVB-T2 tuners have never worked together recording on 4 different mux's, despite being told that they would.

I've had to disable tuner D to prevent recording failures, as logically, VIX would otherwise attempt to use all 4 tuners when necessary.

Tuner D has always had an aerial connection, and when I started to set up the usb tuner, I used Tuner D's feed.

BIG MISTAKE, AS REMOVING THE FEED TO TUNER D CAUSED TUNER C TO FAIL (POOR/NO SIGNAL) AS WELL!!

This, despite A, B and C having their own feeds. A loopthru' from C to D sorted it all out.

Answers on a postcard...............

ccs
31-12-15, 10:37
Christmas rush now over, and still no cards.

Another approach.

Q: What's an easy way of checking which tuner you're using?

A: Disconnect the feeds in turn and wait for "tune failed" on the tv.

So when I disconnect tunerD, tunerD fails. 100% accurate you'd think, but VIX is telling me I'm using tuner C.

And why does OpenWebIF tell me I'm using S2 tuners, and sometimes C are rarely T2?

Something's not right and it can't all be blamed on hardware (not that anyone actually has).

twol
31-12-15, 12:07
Interesting ... have to congratulate you on your patience for this issue ... hopefully somebody will now look at it for you :)

tappari
31-12-15, 19:42
Interesting ... have to congratulate you on your patience for this issue ... hopefully somebody will now look at it for you :)
Well, it has to be Xtrend, since the problem obviously is in their drivers. Poor company to support their customers.

twol
31-12-15, 20:05
Well, it has to be Xtrend, since the problem obviously is in their drivers. Poor company to support their customers.

..... And having said that on so many forums ..... Anything of value to add?

ccs
04-02-16, 11:48
OK, I know I'm flogging a dead horse, but this doesn't look right...

NIM Sockets 2 and 3 both have the same I2C_Device 4, which might explain why tuner C fails when tuner D is used, or is even just disconnected.

root@et10000:~# ls -l /proc/bus/nim_sockets
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:18 /proc/bus/nim_sockets
root@et10000:~# ls -l /proc/bus/nim_sockets
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:21 /proc/bus/nim_sockets

root@et10000:~# cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets
NIM Socket 0:
Type: DVB-T2
Name: Si2169
Has_Outputs: yes
Internally_Connectable: 0
Frontend_Device: 0
I2C_Device: 2
NIM Socket 1:
Frontend_Device: 1
I2C_Device: 3
NIM Socket 2:
Frontend_Device: 2
I2C_Device: 4
NIM Socket 3:
Frontend_Device: 3
NIM Socket 4:
Type: DVB-C
Name: Sundtek DVB-C (III) (1/0) (USB)
Has_Outputs: no
Frontend_Device: 4
I2C_Device: -1

root@et10000:~# ls -l /sys/bus/i2c/devices
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 2-004b -> ../../../devices/i2c-2/2-004b
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 3-0048 -> ../../../devices/i2c-3/3-0048
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 i2c-0 -> ../../../devices/i2c-0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 i2c-1 -> ../../../devices/i2c-1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 i2c-2 -> ../../../devices/i2c-2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 i2c-3 -> ../../../devices/i2c-3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 4 10:34 i2c-4 -> ../../../devices/i2c-4

twol
04-02-16, 12:04
Probably being totally naive here, but I guess I would expect them to start I2C_Device: 0 thru 3 ?
Looked at my sat tuners and Frontend Device 0 is I2C Device 0 etc.

... but never understood linux too well in the 1st place:)

ccs
04-02-16, 12:10
Probably being totally naive here, but I guess I would expect them to start I2C_Device: 0 thru 3 ?
Looked at my sat tuners and Frontend Device 0 is I2C Device 0 etc.

... but never understood linux too well in the 1st place:)That's what I would have expected, but I'm just guessing as well!:)

ccs
04-02-16, 13:22
I wonder if NimManager.py is the culprit?

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/7f964edf47d349fc83d61edd3ec29db6fe7c8e34/lib/python/Components/NimManager.py

Looks like the damage has probably already been done as it only reads /proc/bus/nim_sockets.

twol
04-02-16, 13:50
... but you need someone like Birdman involved as he seems to be able to patiently troll through the code .. and understand it :)

tappari
05-02-16, 10:54
With ET10000 I have the same result with 4 C/T2 tuners. But with my Duo2 situation is different:
login as: root
root@vuduo2:~# cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets
NIM Socket 0:
Name: Vuplus DVB-T NIM(TT3L10)
Mode 0: DVB-C
Mode 1: DVB-T2
NIM Socket 1:
NIM Socket 2:
NIM Socket 3:

NIM Socket 4:
Name: Sundtek DVB-C (III) (1/0) (USB)
Frontend_Device: 4
NIM Socket 5:
Name: Sundtek DVB-C (III) (2/0) (USB)
root@vuduo2:~#

Duo2 has 2 dual C/T2 tuners plus 2 Sundteks.

IAmATeaf
07-02-16, 18:21
This is from my ET10000 with 2 x DVB-S2 and 2 x DVB-T2

NIM Socket 0:
Type: DVB-S2
Name: AVL6211
NIM Socket 1:
Type: DVB-S2
Name: AVL6211
I2C_Device: 3
NIM Socket 2:
NIM Socket 3:

ccs
07-02-16, 18:27
..... looks very similar to mine. Can you record ok on both T2 tuners at the same time?

IAmATeaf
07-02-16, 18:46
Yes I can, in fact I'd just yesterday setup 2 recordings at the same time on the DVB-T2 tuners which both recorded without any issues.

Not tried simultaneous recordings on the DVB-T2 tuners as far as I can recall.

IAmATeaf
07-02-16, 19:19
The first DVB-T2 where I did the recordings should be DVB-S2 .

IAmATeaf
15-02-16, 23:19
I think I've seen something similar. Had a recording start on the tuner C but when I switch channels I get a sid not found type error message and a blank screen. I also noticed that when watching the channel that's being recorded I get the normal grey C indicator on the info at but when I change to another channel the C tuner turns amber with D being grey but you get a blank screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

iVeZ
10-03-16, 12:20
Hi guys. I have an xtrend 10000 with 3x DVB-C/T/T2 and was going to add a fourth DVC-C/T/T2 but should i assume this is not a wise move?

ccs
10-03-16, 15:21
Nobody has actually said that it won't work, but quite a few have said that it doesn't.

I added a Sundtek usb dvb-t2 tuner to get the 4 tuner functionality back.

It's cost me the equivalent of nearly Ģ100 to get back to where I thought I was in the first place.

tappari
11-03-16, 10:00
Hi guys. I have an xtrend 10000 with 3x DVB-C/T/T2 and was going to add a fourth DVC-C/T/T2 but should i assume this is not a wise move?
I recommend not to add. My ET10000 has this fourth Si2169 tuner turned off since it doesn`t work. If you want to have 4 tuners in ET10000, use Sundtek. I understand money is not out of fashion yet.

ccs
12-03-16, 11:53
There is a rumour that new drivers and kernel for the ET10K are due out any time soon.

"Yes we are testing new drivers and kernel for those models" was posted a year ago, so don't hold your breath.

Lets hope that if they are released they fix this tuner problem.

iVeZ
12-03-16, 11:56
I recommend not to add. My ET10000 has this fourth Si2169 tuner turned off since it doesn`t work. If you want to have 4 tuners in ET10000, use Sundtek. I understand money is not out of fashion yet.

So am i right in thinking i've not bought a quad tuner box but a triple tuner with a defunt fourth slot?

Could i use the fourth slot for a terrestrial aerial?

ccs
12-03-16, 12:04
All four slots will work ok, the problem is which combination of tuners you're using.

My 4xT2 tuners all work, but only 3 will work at the same time (when recordings are in progress).

The only safe solution is to disable tunerD to avoid a tuner fail.

twol
12-03-16, 12:53
And as far as I am aware 4 dvb-s2 tuners all work as well.

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 13:56
And as far as I am aware 4 dvb-s2 tuners all work as well.

Yeah when I had my ET10K I had 4x DVB-S2 tuners and all worked fine

casuk
12-03-16, 14:39
Just read about the new drivers, so this great box should get a little better I guess

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 15:12
Just read about the new drivers, so this great box should get a little better I guess

I didn't like it tbh, thats why I got rid. Great spec'd box, but didn't float it for me. lol

casuk
12-03-16, 15:27
I'm more than happy in fact iv not bought another receiver since iv had this, even my duo2 hasn't been used in over 8 months, what didn't you like about the et

Andy_Hazza
12-03-16, 16:29
The receiver itself was a bit bland, didn't like the remote and didn't like the fact it took ages to run CossEPG. Silly I know, but the beauty of the Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo 4K is how quick parsing and updating CrossEPG data and I love the Vu+ Universal remote. I'm not dissing the ET's, it was just not for me unfortunately. [emoji4]

IAmATeaf
12-03-16, 20:25
My ET10000 has 2 DVB-S2 tuners in slots 1 and 2 and 2 DVB-C/T2 in slots 3 and 4.

When I record a program on DVB-C which would use the tuner in slot3 I then cannot watch another channel on DVB-C even though there is another tuner, I get a SID not found in PAT type error message. I first noticed this around a month or so ago but didn't realise what was going on at the time but have just encountered the problem just now.

I seem to recall reading that the box is particular about which tuners go into slots 3 and 4 but I purchased the box with all 4 tuners installed.

For the cable tuners I've got a feed into the tuner in slot3 and then used the bypass to feed the tuner in slot 4. I know both tuners work as if I select the order of the tuners to use in the settings and select the 4th tuner as default then the channels clear and I can see on the display that it's using tuner D.

I am using a softcam by the way if that makes a difference. Am a bit disappointed that I've paid for a tuner that can't really be used. Is the suggestion that these new drivers might actually fix this issue? I loved this box until just a few moments ago where I'm missing the 4th tuner.

@Andy_Hazza, I know what you mean about the remote, just buttons all over the place with little of indents on the buttons to help you feel your way around and some of the more important butttons, for me anyway, too small and tucked away, so menu, EPG and even the exit buttons. In fact I'd prefer it if the exit and EPG buttons were swapped around as I'm forever pressing exit when going for the EPG button :)

ccs
12-03-16, 20:41
I thought the answer was given when you asked the same question in another thread?

I'd wait and see what the driver update does. I've been waiting 9 months.

IAmATeaf
13-03-16, 13:10
Not too sure I remember another thread? I asked on the xtrend forums and was advised to swap tuners 1 and 4 over. So I now have from slot 1 - DVB-C/T2, DVB-S2, DVB-C/T2 and DVB-S2 and from the initial testing I've done I can record from all 4 tuners but I'm sure I tested when I first got the box and seem to remember that it worked at that time.

ccs
13-03-16, 14:41
This one....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50552-zgemma-S2-stuck-on-quot-boot-quot&p=393921&viewfull=1#post393921

I still can't decipher what the instructions mean.

twol
13-03-16, 15:05
I always assumed (perhaps incorrectly :) ) that it was a power issue with the C/T tuners as dvb-s2 were fine.. but also never saw the cam issue written on any paperwork with my old ET10000 .... Also 3 C/T tuners plus usb tuner(s) appears to work

IAmATeaf
13-03-16, 18:14
This one....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50552-zgemma-S2-stuck-on-quot-boot-quot&p=393921&viewfull=1#post393921

I still can't decipher what the instructions mean.
Hmm, didn't think that that applied to me but I suppose if I read just for slots 3 and 4 then effectively it's saying don't have the same tuners in slots 3 and 4?

ccs
13-04-16, 16:42
There is a rumour that new drivers and kernel for the ET10K are due out any time soon.

"Yes we are testing new drivers and kernel for those models" was posted a year ago, so don't hold your breath.

Lets hope that if they are released they fix this tuner problem.

I believe new drivers have now been released.

Are they likely to be added to VIX any time soon, or maybe they already have?

tappari
13-04-16, 17:01
OpenATV 5.3 has those drivers in today`s version. I have tested it, and itīs still working as three tuner box.

IAmATeaf
15-04-16, 10:08
OpenATV 5.3 has those drivers in today`s version. I have tested it, and itīs still working as three tuner box.

Bit disappointing all round. Going to see if I can find out what has chnaged.