PDA

View Full Version : Flashed latest bootloader, no picture or sound via HDMI

Eiji
04-09-15, 06:08
I flashed the latest bootloader as I was having image problems via HDMI as mentioned in the thread below:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47318-Random-green-flashes-when-watching-channels

Now I have no picture or sound via HDMI. I have tried different HDMI cables, different images and different versions of the bootloader but still have the same problem.

I noticed when I flash an image, it says on the box display that flashing has completed whereas when I flash a bootloader it says "flashing" and then changes straight to "hd2400" after about 10 seconds without it saying the flash is successful. I flash the bootloader by pressing the V button on the front of the box.

I can get picture and sound from the SCART output of the box but image quality is stuck at SD 576p :(

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.

Sicilian
04-09-15, 07:16
Sounds like you need to contact where you purchased.

casuk
04-09-15, 08:32
Faulty hdmi port by the sounds of it, when flashing bootloader it will only take a few seconds to complete,

john doe
04-09-15, 11:33
surprised if its the hdmi port. after flashing boatloader did you flash image???????

Eiji
04-09-15, 17:14
surprised if its the hdmi port. after flashing boatloader did you flash image???????

Yes, I tried various images like Stock, OpenVix, OpenATV etc and all give black screen and no audio through HDMI.

maxben
04-09-15, 17:36
When flashing bootloader you have to press the down arrow button as opposed to the up arrow when flashing an image.

Stupid question I know but you have got the cable plugged in to the HDMI out and not HDMI in ?

Eiji
04-09-15, 18:49
Yes, the cable is in the HDMI-OUT port and I pressed the V button on the front panel to flash the bootloader. I'm going to contact the retailer to sort this out.

john doe
05-09-15, 07:40
defo contact retailer. sound like a clone

peteb2428
07-09-15, 13:07
Send it back if poss, I had a similar problem so perhaps there is a faulty batch? if you can swap it for a Xtrend 10000:thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
07-09-15, 13:14
Mut@nt everytime....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hullfc27
07-09-15, 13:22
is your tv capable of the full hd as i know i once flashed my parents box at my house and took it to theres when i got there the screen was black and it took me a while to figure out there tv was only 720 not 1080

afterburn
07-09-15, 21:10
This happened me and the solution was to use a 2gb( no Bigger) flash drive for flashing. That sorted it for me