PDA

View Full Version : VU Duo Hard drive problem

entourage2111
01-09-15, 16:48
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone on here could help me in regards to a hard drive problem I am experiencing.

Recently, I updated my VU duo box to the latest hades vix update. After updating, everything seems to work great. I've flashed the box so it's all fresh and it's quite speedy however, after an hour or so of the box being in operation, all hard drive functionality seems to fail. Timeshift no longer works, neither does the recording/ playback function.

However, once I restart the box by turning it off from the back, all seems to be well again until a certain period of time passes (an hour or so) before the problem is back. I was hoping someone could help in regards to the matter. I really don't want to have to format the hard drive as i've been using it for a while and it has essential recordings on there.

I'm thinking it's more to do with the settings/image because the problem was not there before I upgraded after 2 years of purchasing my box. I can't even remember which vix image I was using initially. I've tried three different versions of vix images icluding hades and apollo builds since this problem began and there's no luck.

Look forward to hearing from you guys,

Cheers.

judge
01-09-15, 16:57
Enable debug logs & upload one the next time this happens.
It might help point out the issue.

entourage2111
01-09-15, 19:07
Hi, thanks for the response. Thing is, box doesn't crash to create a log in the first place. It's just after the first hour the hard drive is not recognised so it wont let me pause rewind, play recordings etc....

cactikid
01-09-15, 21:36
when you said updating did you do the usb flash and no settings restore and if using a usb and hdd they are correctly mounted [checked size? ]

entourage2111
01-09-15, 21:52
Yup, I did the USB flash and everything goes fine. In fact, the box is a lot quicker prior to my old image flash. The hard drive initially is mounted as HDD but randomly after an hour, when you go to mount manager it see the drive in the box but states unavailable and the box wont record pause rewind etc.

To fix it, the box must be switched on and off from the mains. Even a restart within vix wont do the trick it must be restarted from the back. Half an hour to an hour later, problem is back.

judge
01-09-15, 22:07
Hi, thanks for the response. Thing is, box doesn't crash to create a log in the first place.
If you enable debug logs & restart E2, it will create logs.