PDA

View Full Version : image help

frankie13
19-12-10, 15:45
hi m8 s im stuck im trying to load the vix image over my old dreamelite 1 i have created folder vuplus and inside it the duo folder and extracted vix files to it next i turned off the duo put usb in front turned it back on then it says for 2 seconds reading usb but then it just loads up my old image again:confused:

Stanman
19-12-10, 16:15
reformat the USB stick.
Unzip the USB variant of the image and copy and paste the VUPLUS folder onto the USB and than stick it on the front USB and power of and on from the back switch.

frankie13
19-12-10, 19:57
no joy same problem with other usb sticks this is what i m doing 1 created vuplus folde 2 in that create folder duo 3 download image then extract to duo folde in the vuplus folder then send to usb put usb in box turn on see a quick 2 second message saying reading usb then it just starts to load old image again

frankie13
19-12-10, 20:37
unbeliavable u have to turn box off with remote then turn box off at the back then put usb in then turn box on

Stanman
19-12-10, 20:38
mate DONT make ANY folders just extract the zip file and copy and paste the folder VUPLUS to the USB and insert.

kegrka
19-12-10, 23:29
Hi
had the same problem .ended up using vu utillity to install VIX ,even after installing vix 1.2 still could not use USb to load vix1.3 .usb port works fine for anything else;
I even loaded an original image and did a factory reset , before i tried loading vix 1.2.now I just reside to the fact that i must use vu utillity to install any images,Only thing I didn't do was unmount the HDD and remove it ,I supect this may have something to do with it? de image i was using was 1,2,3 not 1.3.3

frankie13
20-12-10, 20:21
hi m8s ok got blackhole image installed but how do i get cccam into it im using filzilla heres what im doing i dragged the 2 cccam files over to tmp an they uploaded pressed green then yell ow but then get message saying i have to upload a bh.tgz package to tmp directory before to install addons

silverfox0786
20-12-10, 20:23
blackhole does not support softcams and vuplus-support does not support blackhole but a quick google will advise you of how to do it

frankie13
21-12-10, 12:39
sorry can i ask which images have cccam in them then thanks

jjp2701
21-12-10, 13:45
sorry can i ask which images have cccam in them then thanks

vix has them in it, and pli m8 i think

if you want one with all the stuff already in this, then go to the blackhole image i posted on here, it is a backup image by blackhole and done by ferret m8

frankie13
21-12-10, 14:06
ok m8 thanks

frankie13
21-12-10, 16:05
oh no image and cams installed ok heres my new problem when using fizilla before i just put my ip address and root then quickconnect now i get message critical error please specify password

shuggy
21-12-10, 17:07
make sure you dont have a usb hard drive plugged in the back usb port as this stopped mine from flashing and would just boot up, but once i removed the usb external hdd it flashed no problem

shuggy
21-12-10, 17:09
some images come with a password try leaving it blank no dreambox or whatever but im sure the black hole ones need a password try pass this was what worked for one with me

frankie13
21-12-10, 18:39
well after all that ive gone to vti image everything installed ok but i cannot find my clines i uploaded