PDA

View Full Version : WiFi USB and which channels?

ktbffh
31-08-15, 02:21
Hi, I am totally new at this so please pardon me if i ask something silly/obvious. I have two questions and would greatly appreciate some help please.
1)My et8000 came preflashed with vix but the Gigablue WiFi USB just wouldn't work. The light on the USB doesn't come on at al. I've made several attempts at network wizard but no option appears for WiFi connection. Everything connects automatically with Ethernet. May be I need to install drive but don't know which one. I had a look earlier and there are more than one drivers installed in the plug in section already but don't know if one of them is what I need.
2)I have no cam/Cline/nline installed and my receiver is connected to a virgin cable for which I am paying. My question is what channels am I supposed to be receiving? Shouldn't I be able to watch all the channels that are included in my virgin package? Instead I only get FTA and nothing else works. None of the HD channels work including BBC HD. All channels do appear in EPG though.
Help Please!

Sicilian
31-08-15, 08:16
1) install rtl8192cu drivers from online plugin feeds and reboot with adapter connected.

Can't help with your other question and be sure to re read the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktbffh
31-08-15, 10:17
1) install rtl8192cu drivers from online plugin feeds and reboot with adapter connected.

Thanks a lot for replying mate. For my second question, I'm not looking to cheat or anything. Just want to know if I am doing something wrong. Also do I need to put my viewing card in et8000?
Thanks again

Stanman
31-08-15, 10:54
Your 2nd one Google is your friend and VM it's more than just putting the card in the box.

AFAIK there are no free to view channels on VM.

ktbffh
31-08-15, 11:00
Your 2nd one Google is your friend and VM it's more than just putting the card in the box.

Thank you:-)

Sicilian
31-08-15, 11:33

There are some fta sd only channels.

ktbffh
03-09-15, 12:27

It's working perfectly now. Thanks very much

popss
08-09-15, 22:12
Have a et8000 running openvix 3.2.004 release and am waiting on my new isp being installed due to openreach not knowing where there lines are running so am trying to use an tplink tl-wdn3200 which is duel band box sees the Wi-Fi no problems but cannot get it to connect to the Wi-Fi box the new supplier has given me until my new line and broadband is installed.
Could this be a driver problem if so anyone got the drivers for it as cannot download from feed at moment as no cable connection. Or got a link to the driver I might need . as will need to transfer it to box to get it installed.
Showing the drivers as rt2800usb all details in but will not connect

thanks for any help