PDA

View Full Version : connection on rear of et8000.

sut
30-08-15, 15:25
hi guys

a quick question if you dont mind,

i have just unpacked my new et8000. when looking at the rear i have the connections for the 3 tuners. i have ordered 2 sat tuners and 1 cable tuner. when i look at the connection the connections on tuners 2 and 3 look like normal sat connection. i,e screw in like you would find on any standard sat box.

my question is the first tuner connections look like standard aerial connections and not like what i would expect to see for a cable connection, is this right or has the wrong tuner or connections been added,

i have added a photo of the rear to help explain.

my goal is to have to sat connections and 1 cable.

judge
30-08-15, 15:30
That's perfectly normal.
The tuner can also be used for terrestrial. Just set it how you want it to be used in tuner config.

sut
30-08-15, 15:37
ok great but how do i connect the cable. cables to this box as the connections are totally different, do i have to buy an adapter.

Ashley69
30-08-15, 15:39
hi guys

a quick question if you dont mind,

i have just unpacked my new et8000. when looking at the rear i have the connections for the 3 tuners. i have ordered 2 sat tuners and 1 cable tuner. when i look at the connection the connections on tuners 2 and 3 look like normal sat connection. i,e screw in like you would find on any standard sat box.

my question is the first tuner connections look like standard aerial connections and not like what i would expect to see for a cable connection, is this right or has the wrong tuner or connections been added,

i have added a photo of the rear to help explain.

my goal is to have to sat connections and 1 cable.

Yes Judge is correct.

You put your cable connection in RF in using F Type Screw Connector Socket to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter

sut
30-08-15, 15:43
wish i had known that in the first place lol. thank you.

am i right to assume the first tuner is the cable and 2 and 3 or sat. i can not use 2 or 3 as a cable tuner

Ashley69
30-08-15, 15:47
yes you assume correct . You can pick the adapters up at any good electrical store like marlins

ronand
30-08-15, 16:29
Its not that hard to put on the correct connector - a sharp knife is the only tool needed.

sut
30-08-15, 18:41
once again. thank you so much for the help you guy have been great. i have donated as well to say thank you. i hope this helps you guys and the site out.