PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Flash ViX over Black Hole

ChangyUK
30-08-15, 12:22
Hi

I want to switch from BH to ViX. When I look at support for BH it seems to fall way behind ViX. I appreciate that could just be my perception but I do like what I read and see in relation to ViX images.

I just bought the new VU+ Duo 2 from World of Satellite - thanks again to them for great prices and excellent delivery.

Can someone please point me in the direction of "how to" so I can backup anything that is necessary and then proceed with new ViX image.

Thanks

Huevos
30-08-15, 12:29
You can't use a backup from BH in OpenViX. So any kind of backup you make is only for use in BH.

Best thing would be just bite the bullet and set up from scratch. If you run into trouble just post and we'll get you up and running.

ChangyUK
30-08-15, 12:35
Hi Huevos

Thanks for the prompt reply. So it is download the image to a USB stick (I have an 8Gb in Fat32) power off the Duo 2, insert the USB and then turn back on.

I will then have to install Soft Cam etc.
C

Huevos
30-08-15, 12:40
Flash procedure is exactly the same as with your BH image. Softcams are available from the feeds but save you softcam config files from the BH image.

Stanman
30-08-15, 12:42
Before u do flash. Back up your settings in case you want to go back to BH.

Copy your softcam configuration file, which can be used in vix as well as your autotimers

ChangyUK
30-08-15, 12:48
I will perform the BH backup, just in case I do return to it. Now for the next annoying question. When I go to the download area it shows the Duo2 but then it shows child directories and plenty of numbered zip files. Please can you tell me which files I need to put on the USB drive?

Sorry for the annoying questions, once I have completed this I should be able to repeat it - famous last words!

bellejt
30-08-15, 12:53
maybe do a full image backup first instead of settings backup.Just unzip the full file to a usb stick.

Stanman
30-08-15, 14:08
You want openvix 3.2 release

ChangyUK
30-08-15, 14:18
Hi

Thanks again for the excellent and speedy information. I managed to flash ViX 3.20 without a problem. I feel more comfortable with this already.

Can I also ask...Picons, how do I get them? Also I think there was Sly HD skin, same again how do I install these two things

Many thanks

C

bellejt
30-08-15, 14:23
all from the feeds.

ChangyUK
30-08-15, 14:30
all from the feeds.

I have started looking on the threads for the stuff I need. Thanks again!!

judge
30-08-15, 14:38
I have started looking on the threads for the stuff I need. Thanks again!!

Menu -> Plugins -> red button to download anything you might need.

ChangyUK
30-08-15, 18:41
Thanks to everyone who contributed. I decided to go for it with ViX so I flashed the Duo2 and it was thankfully trouble free. I then found the Blue HD skin and after a few failures I managed to get it up and running together with CrossEPG. The whole system now has a good look and feel to it. The wife is happy because she can find her way around the channels.

Very happy.

C

PS I have a VU+ Zero, a mate uses it. He saw the new layout and instantly wanted it. I understand ViX now supports the VU+ Zero?

Stanman
30-08-15, 19:21
Try the confluence HD skin the best imho