PDA

View Full Version : cctv

dorada
29-08-15, 19:19
hi, just got a cctv kit, got my van done the other evening & lost all my tools don't think it will stop them but at least I can watch them do it. Anyway its capable of watching it it on a tablet/phone just wondering if its posible to view it through my gigablue 800 se its set up in a spare bedroom to a monitor but would like to view it in the main room from time to time , thanks for any input

john doe
29-08-15, 20:11
good question! not tried it but mine is connected to my network, if you setup NFS and do a mount search, in network, you should see your cctv receiver (you need to know your ip address of the pvr) there and mount it. not sure how you would view it though, never tried it.

Osamo1956
24-10-15, 19:40
If it can be received by your phone perhaps you could buy a cheap android TV box and plug it in to your main TV (?). I assume your CCTV software will link to it.

Just for info: I use an old Android phone as a CCTV camera. The app on Google Play is called Wardencam (same as FamCam). Records to DropBox and does loop recording too.
I loaded the app to my Android TV box. Now I can just switch the AV source on my TV remote to see the CCTV image. Multiple 'old phones' can be added.
It has sound too + you can speak via the cams too. And remotely turn on the flash/torch.
Yes they can still nick it ...but it should keep recording until they're out of wifi range.
Plus you can blind the basta*ds with the light while shouting obscenities.
Just a thought.

Osamo1956
24-10-15, 19:54
PS: I meant to say hide one behind the Dash. ;)

Rob van der Does
25-10-15, 00:53
Maybe try the plugin 'CamoFS'?

john doe
25-10-15, 09:46
Maybe try the plugin 'CamoFS'?

will give a try later and report back