PDA

View Full Version : Timezone issue with 4D image dated 21082015

xboxmu
29-08-15, 17:49
Dear all,

I understand that this is an old thread but thought of keeping things tidy by posting the issue that I have here.

I recently installed technomate-openpli-enigma2-4-tmnanose-linux-kernel-3.9.7-21082015-usb.zip on my TM-Nano SE and my timezone is stuck on UTC.

I have a timezone.xml file with all the timezones but I do not have a symbolic link in /etc.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
29-08-15, 18:11
As PLi doesn't make any image for this box, I'm afraid you'll have to ask the one who created this image for you.

And when you do: please tell him that is is not allowed to use the name 'openpli' for a self compiled/amended image (should be something like 'based on openpli'). This would also prevent a lot of misunderstandings.

xboxmu
29-08-15, 18:52
Oops - rookie mistake from my side - apologies.

Wrong area - I got excited by the thread and forgot that it was not for the technomate box (tm-nano se).

Cheers

xboxmu
29-08-15, 19:01
Hi,

I just updated my TM-Nano SE with the technomate-openpli-enigma2-4-tmnanose-linux-kernel-3.9.7-21082015-usb image.

The issue is that the Timezone is stuck on UTC with no options of choosing other zones. The timezone.xml file is present. I have read there should be a symbolic link but I could not find it.

Could you please guide me as to what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

judge
29-08-15, 19:15
Same answer applies to your previous post.

As PLi doesn't make any image for this box, I'm afraid you'll have to ask the one who created this image for you.

And when you do: please tell him that is is not allowed to use the name 'openpli' for a self compiled/amended image (should be something like 'based on openpli'). This would also prevent a lot of misunderstandings.

xboxmu
29-08-15, 20:08
Ok - I am a bit confused now - I got the 4D firmware from a link on this forum on the technnomate nano SE.

If you are telling me that they are not supposed to be designing firmware for this box, then I will download the ViX image and flash my box with it.

Cheers

abu baniaz
29-08-15, 20:16
They are allowed to make images based OpenPLI. Anyone can. They cannot say it is OpenPLI though.

Technomate and all Dags derivatives have never listed to what PLI have told them not to do. So you always get a cold shoulder from PLI team when asking things about the 4D image. It really cannot be that hard to change a couple of logos and change the text to say it is based on OpenPLI.

The 4D image is nothing to do with Vix nor PLi. So we cannot help that much. Best to contact Technomate and alert them to your findings and they should get it fixed on that image.

xboxmu
29-08-15, 20:21
Thanks - you were clear enough. I will stick with a firmware where I can get help - i.e. ViX.

Cheers

Rob van der Does
29-08-15, 20:52
Doesn't mean we can solve all your issues :D

abu baniaz
01-09-15, 03:27
Finally flashed the 4D image.

You can replace the existing file in /etc/ with the attached (after extracting).

xboxmu
11-09-15, 09:53
Dear all, Just wanted to give you an update. I tried Abu's timezone.zip file and it works. But even better, I switched to ViX and it is working like a charm.

Cheers