PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-XMLTV] Setting up the UK EPG under OpenVix

George Kildare
29-08-15, 16:55
I am a newbie to enigma and am trying to set up an EPG for UK satellite channels on my new Xtrend ET10000 under OpenVix. Should I use the XMLTV/Rytek route or CrossEPG? At present the EPG on my Ziggo cable channels works fine, but I don't seem to be able to set up an EPG on the UK satellite channels, although this was present automatically in OpenPLI when installed by the dealer. I have turned on the XMLTV EPG. Could someone point me to a simple instructions for setting up the EPG.

Very many thanks.

judge
29-08-15, 17:15
If you wanna use vix then you'll have use XMLTV/Rytek, if you wanna use crossepg then use blackhole, that's if your using your own bouquets otherwise use ABM

Nonsense.

Have a read of the user guides on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2AGuides%20and%20Tutorials%2A %2A%2A/ & you should be sorted in no time.

djz46
29-08-15, 17:44
Crossepg works fine on Vix for me

George Kildare
29-08-15, 18:10
Very many thanks. The manual seems very comprehensive. I missed the blue sources button in the XMLTV importer. It works fine now.

djz46
29-08-15, 18:13
Yes my wife has her own and i have mine too.

judge
29-08-15, 18:15
How's it nonsense? crossepg is not working with vix

Because it is nonsense. CrossEPG does work in ViX.

djz46
29-08-15, 18:38
My custom bouquets work fine, no problems here.

judge
29-08-15, 18:42
yes it does but not with custom bouquets

Ofcourse it does. I use custom bouquets & CrossEPG on all my boxes.
Just because you couldn't get it to work & refused to provide your bouquets so someone could help with your issues doesn't mean it doesn't work.

judge
29-08-15, 18:53
I did get it to work among other things
So, why are you telling people it doesn't work?

judge
29-08-15, 19:18
becasue the op probly doesn't know how to fix the problem with custom bouquets so I gave other options, I didn't see anyone telling him how they/ you fixed the problem,

when someones a problem in here staff / beta testers will answer with a smart response like, "it's fine here so your the fault" why not just help them without any smart remarks how your setups ok.

There was no smart remarks. :confused:
The OP was pointed towards the tutorials & seems to have fixed his issue using them.