PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help needed

scottmcroberts
29-08-15, 13:37
HI all

Hoping someone can help.

I have TM-2t on latest version of vix. Over the past couple of weeks I am constantly getting tune error problems on many channels. Looks like when the frequency is below 11800mhz I get the error. Pretty much every FTA channel is affected.

I have updated all settings,abm, changed tuner config from Disecq to Usals to simple but nothing has worked.

On doing a service scan it only picked up 339 channels.

Could there be a problem with the dish? It is a 100cm motorised dish.

Signal strength on working channels is 89%, zero on channels that don't work.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Scott

djz46
29-08-15, 13:58
Sounds like a LNB issue to me? Not switching down to the lower voltage for the channels on lower frequency TP's.

Might sound nonsense but i had this issue once but it was the other way around it was not picking the high frequency transponders up.

scottmcroberts
29-08-15, 14:50
Thanks for that, I take it would just be case of getting a new lnb, what I mean are there any settings I can try and change first of all.

djz46
29-08-15, 15:55
Do a manual scan of a low frequency transponder then do one of a higher one

eg

High: 12090 V 29500 3/4
Low: 10714 H 22000 5/6

Should get Nickelodeon HD and MTV HD on 12090

Should get Film 4+1 Channel 4 London on 10714

scottmcroberts
31-08-15, 10:09
Thanks DJZ, will do. Will try that tonight, it's strange as at certain points of the day the channels come back again with rock solid signal etc. for Instance STV HD and BBC channels not working, came two oclock in the afternoon, all channels appeared back, got up this morning ,and no signal to them. :confused:

Will try the manual scans tonight