PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Non-working plugins with 3.2_003

birdman
28-08-15, 19:45
I know there was a comment that some plugins may not be working on 3.2_002, but I'll report these anyway, as they come under systemplugins.

videotune. This installs, but the options to us it don't show up in the menu (under Setup -> System, IIRC), so it's not usable.

videoenhancement. Installs, and the option to use it shows up in the menu tuner Setup -> System. But selecting it produces no on-screen information - just the front panel displaying "Off", which circles through "Left" and "Right" as you press the the ->/<- keys.

Rob van der Does
28-08-15, 21:21
Ref videoenhancement: which skin do you use?

birdman
28-08-15, 21:32
Ref videoenhancement: which skin do you use?ViXBMC_1080_Confluence

Rob van der Does
29-08-15, 06:19
Thanks.
The VideoEnhancement issue you encountered is a skin issue. I'll inform the author.
In the mean time: if you do want to adjust your settings, you can use an other skin (e.g. Magic-FHD) and revert to your preferred skin when ready.

The VideoTune plugin show in the System Menu as 'Testscreens'. I confirm the plugin isn't compatible with ViX 3.2

DaMacFunkin
29-08-15, 06:30
I have tried video enhancement previously with 1080 bello and that too has the same problem.

Rob van der Does
29-08-15, 07:12
The VideoEnhancement issue you encountered is a skin issue. I'll inform the author.
I should have worded that more carefully: it's an issue with the plugin (the embedded screens are not 1080-compatible) that can be 'fixed' by skinning those screens (as has e.g. been done in Magic-FHD).

birdman
30-08-15, 00:45
Thanks.
In the mean time: if you do want to adjust your settings, you can use an other skin (e.g. Magic-FHD) and revert to your preferred skin when ready.Thanks. A temporary switch to ViX-Night-HD worked. I just wanted to check that I had the right extension in place to decrease the colour saturation (it shows up as config.pep.* in settings - so not obvious which extension used that).

The VideoTune plugin show in the System Menu as 'Testscreens'. I confirm the plugin isn't compatible with ViX 3.2Actually, now that you point that out (I was looking for something that showed up as the second entry in the menu - but I can't remember what the text was) I'd say that it is working. In fact it works better with the ViXBMC_1080_Confluence skin than it does with ViX-Night-HD, as it seems to be assuming a FullHD screen size and with the latter the bars just disappear of the R/h side of the screen (I'd never seen them before)

Rob van der Does
30-08-15, 06:32
Nope: VideoTune give enormous issues independent of the skin used. Just try it: use the number buttons to change the screens, and 'exit' to leave the plugin.
Only way out is manually deleting the plugin folder and force a reboot (init 6).
It might be box-dependant.

Rob van der Does
30-08-15, 07:46
BTW: does the setting 'config.pep.*' also work when the plugin isn't installed?

Rob van der Does
30-08-15, 12:03
Nope: VideoTune give enormous issues independent of the skin used. Just try it: use the number buttons to change the screens, and 'exit' to leave the plugin.
Only way out is manually deleting the plugin folder and force a reboot (init 6).
It might be box-dependant.
It is indeed hardware dependant. On a TM Nano2S I get the issues I mentioned above, on other boxes the plugin is fine.

birdman
30-08-15, 13:00
BTW: does the setting 'config.pep.*' also work when the plugin isn't installed?Not sure. I don't make that much of a change, and I was concentrating on other problems before them.

But nothing else in the source tree uses config.pep, and the plugin directly manipulates /proc/stb/vmpeg/0 entries itself, so it looks as though it's needed for the entries to have effect.