PDA

View Full Version : Expected satellite's Minidish .

darrenduds20
28-08-15, 13:52
Got a sky mini dish setup with multi lnb x3 and diseqc switches .
I have 28.2 aas the focal and then 19.2 but cant find 13 , am i asking to much of the dish ?

Sheffield uk

ronand
28-08-15, 17:43
You are probably asking too much of it. In any case you are doing it wrong - you should set your dish up on the centre of what you are trying to get - 19e in this case and hopefully it should do the trick for you. It does mean you will have to realign the dish

darrenduds20
28-08-15, 18:09
Thanks mate, just been looking at a motorised dish. Is it worth getting one? Considering I only speak English.

djz46
28-08-15, 18:32
Thanks mate, just been looking at a motorised dish. Is it worth getting one? Considering I only speak English.

Did you ask this question before last week?

darrenduds20
28-08-15, 18:34
I did mate but didnt really get an answer and certainly didnt get an answer from ronand who i was asking .:cool:

ronand
28-08-15, 19:31
Personally I couldn't live without the motor. They are not expensive. It all depends on your interests - you dont need a degree in linguistics to watch a football match in a different language. A lot of movie channels carry the original soundtrack which quite often is English. Your main difficulty will be what package to purchase as there wont be much worthwhile available FTA.

Seeing as you have the equipment already get your dish working on 13e and 19e and see what you think of what is on before committing to a motor. If you just want BBC/ITV then dont bother

darrenduds20
28-08-15, 22:44
Not really a sport fan but prefer my films, series etc.
I already have a subscription to most satellites so that's not an issue.
Is there anyway to delete all no English speaking channels? Don't fancy searching through them all to find the English ones.
Thinking of keeping the sky mini dish up for my main feeds and adding switches for the motorised.

ronand
29-08-15, 08:52
You can delete channels but the easiest way is to set up bouquets for the channels that you do actually watch