PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Missing EPG data

jasper1974
27-08-15, 23:31
Hi guys I have a sky and virgin mix via ABM I have a really weird problem in that if I use either crossepg or rytec I can get the epg for all channels on virgin but I always get a blank line on both channel 5 HD and Sky Showcase HD via Virgin unless I go on the channel and then I get the EPG come up for the next few hours only but not for any other day.

if I go to the Sky versions of the channels I have epg data for the next 6-7 days but not on the two Virgin channels

Huevos
28-08-15, 00:24
Must be missing from Virgin EPG. Going on the channel means you will fill in the missing details from EIT.

peteb2428
28-08-15, 08:56
Hi guys I have a sky and virgin mix via ABM I have a really weird problem in that if I use either crossepg or rytec I can get the epg for all channels on virgin but I always get a blank line on both channel 5 HD and Sky Showcase HD via Virgin unless I go on the channel and then I get the EPG come up for the next few hours only but not for any other day.

if I go to the Sky versions of the channels I have epg data for the next 6-7 days but not on the two Virgin channels

I have exactly the same issue, also using the custom mix xml

DaMacFunkin
28-08-15, 09:48
I have to say I am using custom mix xml for sky and Virgin, I set open tv to scan sky UK every morning followed by a 5 minute epg refresh (pvr channel) and for about a week now there are major league holes all over my epg...
Havnt had time to flash 3.2 yet.

peteb2428
28-08-15, 11:50
Hi DaMacFunkin

don't scan sly scan run ABM as mentioned to create combined ABM then only do a manual scan on your cable tuner,

this will hopefully sort it for you

jasper1974
30-08-15, 01:07
Must be missing from Virgin EPG. Going on the channel means you will fill in the missing details from EIT.

Only fills in the EPG for the remainder of that day for me

Huevos
30-08-15, 12:36
This issue is nothing to do with ABM, whatever combination you are using. If you want the Virgin EPG to populate properly you will have to use "EPG Refresh" and schedule a daily visit to the home transponder.

jasper1974
30-08-15, 18:20
This issue is nothing to do with ABM, whatever combination you are using. If you want the Virgin EPG to populate properly you will have to use "EPG Refresh" and schedule a daily visit to the home transponder.

How do I do that I have epgrefresh installed
I currently have both crossepg and rytec upating daily at 0400 and 0600 respectively which works apart from the couple of channels ive mentioned
Also a lot of the time if I have to reboot the system I loss all my epg and have to rescan it
My epg data is stored on 8gb USB drive rather than on my hard drives as I was told that's the best way to do it.

abu baniaz
30-08-15, 18:28
What are you using Rytec for, cable or satellite?

Getting two EPG sources for one set of services is asking for trouble. Best to use just one.

jasper1974
30-08-15, 19:13
In crossepg I have set up sky from opentv and virgin from xmltv inside crossepg

If I just select sky from opentv again I get all the channels but still don't get epg data for channel 5HD on virgin but data is there for the satellite version of Channel 5HD

abu baniaz
30-08-15, 19:32
If you are using Rytec for Cable EPG and teh datat is incorrect, you will have to contact Rytec/wait for him to update. If you are going to continue to use Rytec fro CAble EPG, I would suggest you disable Virgin EPG in te EOG menu. This is so that you do not get two sources for the same set of services.

Conversley, you may wish to stop using Rytec for cabel EPG and use the data that the provider has. See guide below.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40457-Using-EPG-Refresh-plugin-to-download-the-epg-off-the-stream